RapidComposer out of tune?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The playback of the soundfounds seems to be out of tune by about 1/4 tone, and I cannot figure out why.

I tried using a keyboard as well, and sure enough it's off.

Any ideas? Is there a transpose setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Can anyone help him with this? I'm not terribly good with sound troubleshooting... are you on Mac or PC?

-Chris
Last edited by themixtape on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

actually when you use sf2 and Vsti together its same in pc too,
i don't know Mac but, i suspect 44100 <-> 48000 resampling issue.
for example lets say using 44100 sample rate
when the first run , project plays sf2 tracks out of tune
if i just re-select :
Settings/Audio , Sample Rate 44100 again it fixes the issue ...same for 48000 too.
so just re-selecting the "Settings/Audio , Sample Rate" seems only workaround to fix.
i hope it helps

Yes, - thank you, yellukhan - it is typically the mismatch between sample rates (audio device and SF2 playback).
This is probably a bug in RapidComposer. In the next bug-fix update (v2.72, in a few days) this will be fixed, and the soundfont playback will be forced to use the same sample rate as the audio device.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Attila, I think this is one of the best fixes you've ever done. Re: the problems I've had with my M-Audio Delta 44 (or 66) audio interface... I resort always, to using RC with the standard Windows driver... not the ASIO, as I usually want.

I haven't tested 2.72 on my main computer yet, but definitely will. Again, I think this is a HUGE fix, especially since I use the soundfonts almost always.

Thanks!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”