Did devs vote for themselves?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am just curious if other devs voted for their product :) I did not make it to vote... I have been too busy with bug fixing and other real life stuff...

no point, this is an industry. things can't be allowed to simply happen because the proleteriat wills it.

i had intended to use the event to field some social awareness for an alternative form of media divorced of memetic intent, but eg. the thread didn't make it to three pages, which was a trial for any entry this year. a few people will remember it, no one will talk about it out of context. so i learned.

with the Gentlemen working hard to manage public perception, my entry became "blewn" and the things it didn't offer became "major strikes against it", which never sounds good.

it's all lies, there was documentation perfectly describing how to hit the spacebar.

:) not to be overly precious, only emphatically honest about the collusory nature of culture. i expected "a con" would take it, and i've been holding my tongue to discuss my sentiments about my product and it's social (im)pertinence. nobody has asked a single question about the engineering or thought, so discussion on my part would appear rather distended.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

but if anyone feels sorry for baby xoxos, buy my shit, because sympathy sales are the only ones i'm going to get, and that one bong sale each month (for like three years i make exactly enough to eat each month, it's difficult not to believe someone is managing my sales based on periodicity) is f**king appreciated.

what's bong, you say? what an immature name for a product, i can't handle it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

@tomicious: GOOD (intelligent) QUESTION!!! :tu: :clap:

Ha ha the Acon guy has to get dragged across the country to accept some Grammy or something. "I'd like to thank all the little people, RunBeerRun, and uh".
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

he could say know.

tomicious wrote:I am just curious if other devs voted for their product :) I did not make it to vote... I have been too busy with bug fixing and other real life stuff...
I didn't vote for my own product. I recall reading at least one other developer referring to only voting for entries outside the category for their entry, though that may have been a previous competition.

Thanks to everyone who did vote for my entry, by the way. I do appreciate it.

Oh why would I even consider voting for my own product? It's a bit like Eurovision where every country votes their song as the best.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:Oh why would I even consider voting for my own product? It's a bit like Eurovision where every country votes their song as the best.
Funny example the Eurovision contest :tu: :)

tomicious wrote:I am just curious if other devs voted for their product :)
Do you think Obama voted for himself in the last election?

If someone don't believe enough in their own product to vote for it, why even enter it into a competition?

i don't get what half the thread is about. is it some kind of obscure inside joke?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:i don't get what half the thread is about. is it some kind of obscure inside joke?
try this one instead: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=419131
:wink:
My free VST guitar effects
www.soft-amp.com

Numanoid wrote:If someone don't believe enough in their own product to vote for it, why even enter it into a competition?
I was more curious to see what other people thought of it. It has nothing to do with not believing in my own product. It's more satisfying to see how it went without my voting assistance. An extra challenge if you like.

blurk wrote:It's more satisfying to see how it went without my voting assistance.
So how did it go?

This thread is not meant as a joke or anything... Maybe a little philosophical discussion to change a theme ;) I am just curious about other devs and their views.

I always feel a little bit schizophrenic about that... On one hand if you are not willing to vote for yourself it is like you do not believe in your own product - as was mentioned here - this was my first thought - but on the other hand if every dev votes for his/her product these votes are "nullified"...

One real life story - once I entered a competition with my band and we ended second. The reason why other band won was that they voted for themselves. If we had voted for ourself we would won - we had more band members :D

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”