Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

you sure you're allowed to distribute it?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:you sure you're allowed to distribute it?
Ахах, мне вообще пох -) Не я выкладывал в паблик

все равно по свински это как то, по отношению к разработчикам. не говоря уж о том, что тебя за такое тут могут и забанить, так что я бы рекомендовал убрать эту ссылку.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Jacare wrote:
AC222 wrote:
Dominus wrote:You can get more realistic (for amps, anyway) tone shaping when you put an EQ in between the preamp and power amp. That's one of the reasons Rev III.V stands out. Once AmpBuilder comes along I'm sure there will be people building preamps and power amps for just that reason.
Interesting... Is AmpBuilder a technology promised as part of Revalver or a separate product from another company?
It is not a part of ReValver, but it is used to build amps for it. BTW: All amps in R4 were built using it. It is, as R4, Peavey's!
Thanks Jacare.

Dominus wrote:You can get more realistic (for amps, anyway) tone shaping when you put an EQ in between the preamp and power amp. That's one of the reasons Rev III.V stands out. Once AmpBuilder comes along I'm sure there will be people building preamps and power amps for just that reason.
Hi, can you or anyone else explain why you would get more realistic tones by putting an eq between the preamp/poweramp section? What's the difference between putting it after the power amp versus after the preamp? It never occurred to me that there would be a substantial difference but would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

AC

Burillo wrote:все равно по свински это как то, по отношению к разработчикам. не говоря уж о том, что тебя за такое тут могут и забанить, так что я бы рекомендовал убрать эту ссылку.
ябеда

AC222 wrote:Hi, can you or anyone else explain why you would get more realistic tones by putting an eq between the preamp/poweramp section? What's the difference between putting it after the power amp versus after the preamp? It never occurred to me that there would be a substantial difference but would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
I wouldn't say it's inherently more realistic to put "the" EQ in any particular place in the pedal-preamp-poweramp-speaker chain. There is or can be built-in tone shaping in and between all those stages, some of which may be user controllable and some not.

It is definitely true that EQ has a hugely different effect depending on where it's applied, because the signal is really different in those places. EQ on the signal going INTO a distortion stage changes how the distortion behaves, but very differently than EQing the harmonics produced by the distortion.

Most guitar amps have multiple stages that introduce distortion too, so there are multiple opportunities for either fixed or controllable EQ pre and post each of them. A huge amount of the character and feel of different amps comes down to where and what EQ is applied at different stages (along with how the amp stages themselves are built of course).

To get a quick general sense of the difference, set up a clean amp tone, with a distortion pedal then an EQ in front of it, doesn't really matter which specific one of either. Adjust things so there's a significant amount of distortion from the pedal, and try boosting highs with the (pre-distortion) EQ. The without changing any settings, put the EQ after the distortion instead. I bet you'll hear an immediate difference.

It's a very cool world we live in where you can switch all this stuff around so easily, even inside the amp itself, if your amp sim allows that.

AC222 wrote:
Hi, can you or anyone else explain why you would get more realistic tones by putting an eq between the preamp/poweramp section? What's the difference between putting it after the power amp versus after the preamp? It never occurred to me that there would be a substantial difference but would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
Sure, it's the same idea as using the Effects Loop on an amp. You're shaping the tone after the preamp distortion but before the volume/distortion of the power amp. Any amp that has EQ sliders off to the right of the regular knobs will have those working between the pre and power sections. (The regular knobs shape the sound of the guitar coming in.) Some time and space based effects like choruses, delays, and reverbs may sound better there too.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

dwozzle and Dominus, thank you both guys. I really appreciate. It makes a bit more sense now on how you would fit the eq plugin between the pre/power sections of the amp.

napishu wrote:Bias Desktop beta
It's last beta and GUI have lags. But sound crazy!!!! Best amp sim on iOS now on PC!
Not to derail the thread, but...

Tried the latest Bias beta, played with it or 45 minutes, meh, un-installed it. Nothing to write home about.

Reminds me of Amplitube 1.x, harsh, sterile and fizzy.

"Best amp sim on iOS now on PC", now that really isn't saying much, is it.

Hopefully the core engine will be reworked before release. I just might give it another try when final code hits the shelfs.

I find that interesting. Some "leaking" I've heard has bias as being anything from the greatest thing ever to meh.

I dunno, these things piss me off :lol: I was watching "make or break/linda perry project" and listening to the guitars for these recordings tonight and was like (*^&$^%$(&^^&)(*& dammit, that's the sound I hear and amp sims don't do that :x :tantrum:

A3ntar wrote:Hopefully the core engine will be reworked before release. I just might give it another try when final code hits the shelfs.
i don't think that will happen though, because it's in beta. i do hope the GUI will change too, but i doubt it either. the GUI is a direct port from iOS, which means it's very hard to use with a mouse, feels like it's bolted on as opposed to being native.
napishu wrote:ябеда
Вижу, кто то нажаловался модераторам, не знаю с чего ты решил, что это я. Но меня всегда забавляли люди, которые обвиняют других в ябедничестве, вместо того, чтобы принимать последствия своих действий. Типа, виноват не тот, кто мудак, а тот, кто кому то об этом сказал :-)

No more derailing, this thread is about Revalver!
Last edited by Burillo on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Does anyone here have both R4 and GrindMachine, and some
LePou amp/cab sims to compare the metal parts of R4 to
the Grindmachine and LePou metal sims?
I'm far from an experienced Metal guy, so the frame of reference
would be very useful.
Cheers

i don't own the GrindMachine. i do have some LePou stuff but i didn't do any sort of in depth comparisons, and i'm not really big on metal sounds. however, i can say that i like the LePou amps much better for high gain sounds (Ignite ones even more so). i'll refrain from repeating myself, you can read all about that on previous pages where i complain about R4's tone stacks :-)

Not what you asked, and I'm not a metal guy, but I do appreciate a lot of different sorts of sounds, and I think the Engl Powerball in Amplitube is worth a look for that, maybe the Jet City JCA20H in there too. Like them both a lot.

Return to “Effects”