Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the new beta version 2.72b3!
Now the plugin works much better! Synchronization with the host is normal.

Now for me to plugin in DIGITAL Performer works with three problems:

1. As yet have a problem ... In loop mode are not played the first notes of all the tracks ... Since the beginning of the composition, all notes played (note, refers only to a mode cycle, no matter where in the composition is a cycle)
Moreover, one bar cycle- all the notes are played,
two bars cycle - the first notes of the first bar does not always play,
four bars  cycle - the first notes of the first bar do not play ever!

2. Delay (often quite considerable) start or stop plugin  from the host transport!

3. To work in the host with the plugin is now convenient if you work with the generators!
But if you play in real time using a MIDI controller ...
Option 1: Recording DAW.
But then it would be very logical to make it possible to drag-and-DROP midi file in the RC
in accordance with the "import midi"
Option 2: Write to RC plugin.
But then in the plugin RC should be "REC"
What do you think about this ?

And about generators ...
It would be good to make one generator continued to work another, but did not start again generate a phrase!
Sincerely lulukom

Yes, there's something else ...
In the setting of the VST / Window Mode / ... in my opinion does not work (
In any case, the settings when the plug-in at the top or in the normal window mode to run transport is necessary to activate the host program (when the plug-on top transport DAW not run!)
It is very uncomfortable!

Hello lulukom,

I am not able to make the VST window active/on top AND let the host program receive keystrokes at the same time. I will try to embed the user interface into the host-provided window, which would be the solution.

I will upload a new beta version today, which I am sure will fix all looping problems in DP and all other hosts. So there will be no more lost notes at the beginning.

Will you explain the following? Is there a bug when a generator does not preserve its state? :
>It would be good to make one generator continued to work another, but did not start again generate a phrase!

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thank you! Wait for the new beta!
I'll think about your answers!

v2.72b4 is uploaded now. I try to pack as many bug fixes as possible in the next update.
Changes since the previous beta:

- [VST] Further fixes for loop/cycle playback in the VST plug-in...
- Soundfont playback is forced to use the same sample rate as the audio device
- Ghost phrases should not display and handle 'phrase local history'

Additional changes since v2.71:

- 'All Notes Off' is not sent to VST plug-ins or MIDI instruments anymore. Instead individual 'Note Off' messages are sent to avoid hanging notes.
- 'Add Interval' used the wrong interval when added to a track
- Fix crash in Idea Tool when using 8-bar long phrases in a smaller composition
- new variation: Delay Notes
- [VST] workaround for a looping bug in MuLab
- bug fix: the last composition was not loaded when it should have to

Thanks for the bug reports!
I will start testing the VST plug-in in Studio One. Presonus kindly sent me an NFR licence.

Attila

Hi Attila!
Unfortunately the new beta (272b4) in my case (DIGITAL Performer MAC OSX) has not solved the problem so that the plugin do not play the first notes in the loop
  All the same, the first notes in the loop do not play (((
Sincerely lulukom

Hi lulukom,

I spent hours with this problem, and you are right, the first notes are not played. It turned out this was a bug in DP8, and I already contacted MOTU about it, and sent them detailed description and debug logs, etc, so that they can fix this issue. BTW I have tried the very latest v8.06 version too.

I could not implement a workaround, because DP8 does not send loop start and end positions to the plug-ins, like other DAWs. This makes it impossible to add a quick fix because the plug-in does not have enough information.

People at MOTU were quite responsive so far, so I think this will be fixed quickly. I'll let you know.

Best,
Attila

Hi Attila!
Thank you for responsiveness
I am very interested in solving the problem! Thank you!
Sincerely lulukom

Hello!
Somebody please explain to me ...
In Chord Rules Editor chords can be entered with a midi controller or
not? If not, it is strange ... because it's much easier. Not comfortable to remember what I need degree ... and how to enter it from the keyboard
I wish you all good luck!

Hello lulukom,

that is not possible at the moment, but will be improved shortly... A reference scale will have to be set for this purpose. At the moment I do not know how many people will want to edit chord rules.

I have not got a reply from MOTU yet, but they forwarded my bug report to the software engineers.

Thanks,
Attila

PS: when I'll have some time, I'll prepare jazz chord progression rules...

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the answer and I idea chord rules really like, but unfortunately I do not want to use it, because I want to enter chords with midi controller (I want a practical application of the program, and less theory, because you've already have taken care of theory ... thank you!)

I hope that someday plugin will work well with DIGITAL Performer and more ... I tested it on several different DAW with MAC OS X 
and I want to say that the plugin does not work well with many DAW  (Bitwig Studio , FL, REAPER ...)
This is mainly a problem with transport and synchronization!
Wanted to try with the Logic, but Logic does not support VST, but only AU ...

But with DIGITAL Performer has problems not only with the poor performance of the loop, but absolutely no synchronization ... I understand that you have come up with a plugin is very good and I want to worked as a plugin, as you come up with!
Sincerely lulukom

Hello Attila,

it's me again, after quite sometime, with some issues and suggestions :wink:
Currently I am using RC 2.72 64-bit on Windows7 and I have the following problems and ideas:

Re-opening compositions with VSTi's sometimes doesnt't work correctly (not always, but very often), the track-inspector shows the name of the VSTi that was loaded when the composition was saved, but the edit button is not there and also the VST-button in the track-header is gone.
I can choose the same VSTi again in the dropdown list next to "Instrument:", then it is reloaded, but without the instruments that were loaded before. Also the Track Hints that were set to "use guitar chords" before are reset to "none" at this very moment.
In this example I used Kontakt, but it's the same with HalionSonic. It seems to be specific to some compositions, because some open just fine (and they always) whereas others always have this issue when opening.

A feature request for the handling of VSTi windows: (a) is it possible to open the VSTi window automatically when loading a VSTi for the first time in a composition and (b) is it possible to open VSTi windows in the foreground when clicking the edit window? As it is now, clicking "edit" in the track-inspector or "VST" in the track-header often (at least when opening it for the first time after loading) opens the VST window invisible in the background (behind the RC window) and I have to use ALT-TAB or the taskbar to get in in the foreground.

Another very strange behaviour with -at least- this composition: trying to glue some phrases together messes them up more or less completely, the result is transposed down 2 octaves and even the notes are changed. Can you reproduce this? If it would help, I can send you the file.
As the Track Hints are set to "use guitar chords" (as I mentioned above), I can not move the glued phrase up 2 octaves.

2 phrases selected, right before glueing:

Result of the glueing operation:

Some thoughts and ideas regarding the "use guitar chords"-feature: as far as I understand this is meant to get correct chord voicings that are playable on a guitar and it works nicely together with the Fingerpicking Generator where I can choose the "Strings to use". But (a) this "Strings to use"-menu needs more options/flexibility (e.g. it's quite common to use the middle 4 or top 4 etc. which is not possible at the moment, or currently I always have the bass which I don't want to have every time, for example when two guitars are playing together and I want one of them to play higher voicings without the bass).
And (b) when using other Generators or non-Generator-phrases it is not possible to move them vertically, so they are "fixed" to the lowest possible fretting-position, but as it is possible to move chords up the fretboard it would be great if this would also be possible in RC.

One last issue for the moment: sometimes I get a cropped phrase editor window with the bottom buttons invisible. They jump back in when I start to drag the bottom right corner to resize the window. It's a minor UI issue, but I wanted to mention it in case you never encountered it before.

Hope this helps ironing out some bugs.

Greetings from Germany
Max

Hello Max,

thank you for your comments. I'll fix these (at least most of it) in the next few days.

I also realized that sometimes VST plug-ins do not load. I do not know the reason yet, but this is when you don't see the 'Edit' button when there was an error during loading a plug-in.

I fixed the 'glue' problem now.
I'll make an option to allow transposition when in guitar chord mode, and another one to open the VST editor window when the plug-in is loaded. The window should open on the top even today, this is another mystery. :scared:

I'll upload a new update in a few days.

Best regards,
Attila

Cool, thank you. Take your time and keep up the good work. :tu:
Greetz, Max

Hello!

The latest beta version is available with the following improvements since v2.72:
  • Melody Generator handles scale changes inside the phrase
  • New option in melody generator to use scale+chord notes (even if chord has notes that are outside the scale)
  • Each track can have its own midi output device, allowing unlimited number of midi outputs
  • New scale type: Auto (scale is assigned automatically based on the chord). E.g. for G minor chord, the scale will become G minor. Do not use this with relative chord notation!
  • New preference: "Allow transposition in guitar tracks"
  • New preference: "Open VST plug-in editor window after it was loaded"
  • Fix a bug when the phrases were not recalculated when the chord changed in the chord suggestion pop-up
  • Bass Generator fixed (connecting notes were transposed unnecessarily)
  • Chord suggestion popup does not close for an inside click, only closed when you click outside
  • MIDI program change is not inserted into MIDI clips for VST/SF2 tracks, and for MIDI tracks using the 'No Patch Change' preset
  • Issues with gluing phrases in a guitar track fixed
Besides the lots of bug fixes, the biggest new features are specifying a MIDI device per track, and the 'Auto' scale.
Someone requested that there should be a scale which automatically adjusts itself based on the harmony. So an "A minor" chord will set the "A minor" scale for the duration of the chord, but when the next chord becomes "C major", the scale will become "C major" as well. Please comment on the usability of this feature. :help:

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”