New updates, when?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pre-roll for clips, multi-outs, midi routing etc, please when?

It's coming about a month ago.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:1.1

Man I wish
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

yep, currently this is how I'm starting and finishing my days : https://twitter.com/Bitwig :pray: :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Echoes in the Attic wrote:1.1

month? ahah. Current version is 1.0.13 so waiting for 1.0.99 first :party:

From what it seems, they may be back at work now, but most of their employees took a good amount of time off this summer? I hope this isn't a common trend, updates were rolling out so quickly when bitwig first released, made me very confident to support them as I purchased a copy right away, now I just feel like me showing them that support ultimately had no thanks, I don't know if other paid consumers feel the same way.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

qtheerearranger wrote:From what it seems, they may be back at work now, but most of their employees took a good amount of time off this summer? I hope this isn't a common trend, updates were rolling out so quickly when bitwig first released, made me very confident to support them as I purchased a copy right away, now I just feel like me showing them that support ultimately had no thanks, I don't know if other paid consumers feel the same way.
From what I understand and have read, they're pretty much devoting most of the team on development of the new features in 1.x. So that, not only, means implementation, but the beta testing/debugging of that, as well. I highly anticipate the new versions, but am willing to wait for quality over quantity of updates.

qtheerearranger wrote:From what it seems, they may be back at work now, but most of their employees took a good amount of time off this summer? I hope this isn't a common trend, updates were rolling out so quickly when bitwig first released, made me very confident to support them as I purchased a copy right away, now I just feel like me showing them that support ultimately had no thanks, I don't know if other paid consumers feel the same way.
I do kinda feel the same way, however I understand they were on vacation and they're working very hard right now, but I guess from the beginning they were really banging out updates and then things REALLY slowed down, even Dom stopped posting on the forums lol
but I understand its a 1.0 software and thats why Im trying to be so hard to be patient
but I'm all for quality over quantity :) I just hope they at least start getting RCs for 1.1 before the holidays
-Tristan

Something I just thought of is, if they have a bunch of stuff for 2.0 planned out such as online collab and the modular editor and probably more, I assume they have most of that stuff already in the office right? I mean they wouldn't promise something like that unless they already knew it was possible and were working with/on it already. So wouldn't they have like folder/group tracks and multi-out and so on in the office too? I assume they had this stuff long before the BWS launch so its not like they're making up the feature from scratch, so whats taking so long? Now that I think back I remember seeing that folder tracks would be included in a later update and I remember thinking to my self "ok a couple weeks at most, they're probably just ironing out a couple bugs or something like that"
-Tristan

They did have group tracks in a beta version, there's even a video with them somewhere on youtube, but apparently the took them out for release since they weren't ready. They also stated that they built the native devices with the mod system so that's working to some extent as well.

I can't say why they are releasing it when they are though.

since you ask, I don't feel this way at all.

I'm just like everyone else when it comes to adding features and updates - I want them faster than can be delivered :hihi: , but I realize people are entitled to their time off - they earn that you know - and they NEED their time off to remain fresh.

Consider too, they worked feverishly (as far as I know) for around 2 years to get the program out before taking any time off.

I'm not sure what you need to feel appreciated but I think they show their appreciation every time they issue an update.

Maybe the updates are not coming fast enough to suit some folk but look at how fast those updates have arrived compared to some other software.

Nah....you shouldn't feel unappreciated. Sometimes I think there is a lack of presence in this forum but then I think I would much rather have the team devoted to bug fixes and enhancements than here trying to deal with some things that can't (read: shouldn't) be dealt with.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:
since you ask, I don't feel this way at all.

I'm just like everyone else when it comes to adding features and updates - I want them faster than can be delivered :hihi: , but I realize people are entitled to their time off - they earn that you know - and they NEED their time off to remain fresh.

Consider too, they worked feverishly (as far as I know) for around 2 years to get the program out before taking any time off.

I'm not sure what you need to feel appreciated but I think they show their appreciation every time they issue an update.

Maybe the updates are not coming fast enough to suit some folk but look at how fast those updates have arrived compared to some other software.

Nah....you shouldn't feel unappreciated. Sometimes I think there is a lack of presence in this forum but then I think I would much rather have the team devoted to bug fixes and enhancements than here trying to deal with some things that can't (read: shouldn't) be dealt with.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Well said. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Thank you billcarroll :tu:

How about a high five to the team?

Rah RAh Bitwig.....Gooooo....TEAM :tu:

:hihi:

On a more serious note...

WHEN's the next update coming??? :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

All good, all good!

The last 2 years were just very busy. As you know we're a pretty small team and working full steam ahead all this time means that some of us still had vacation days left from 2012 and 2013... plus the whole vacation 2014. Therefore we had to take some time off after the first exciting months after the release.
We thought it was the right time now during the rather slow summer months and we tried to sync it in the team, so that it does not freeze the whole team and development for ages :)

Even if you totally love what you do it also helps to free your head every once in a while, having time for your family, enjoying some sun as well as locking up in the studio and making music for a few days instead of only 1-2hours during the night after a hard day in front of the screen... recharge!
Vacations are almost over for all of us now, summer is leaving, nights are already getting longer - hacking time again!

Cheers!

dsan@mail.com wrote:I'm not sure what you need to feel appreciated...
I find it weird how so many users treat a commercial product as some sort of relationship. Bitwig is selling a DAW, not friendship, personal validation, hand holding and so on. I suggest one look to friends/lovers/partner for appreciation... not a commercial product.

Return to “Bitwig”