Drag and drop sample to plugin?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this possible in T5? I tried dragging audio from both tracks and the clipboard to Kontakt 5 and Battery 4, but it doesn't work. Is there key-combination that enables such behaviour?

What happens now is that the plugin loses focus as soon as I click on an audio clip or sample, and
when I drag it over the plugin it just "slips" underneath the plugin window. It is as if samples/clips are "locked" to the track/arranger section.

Here is a video of how this works in Ableton Live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzjXTACUWsY

If you click on the plugin, then look at the properties panel in tracktion (the middle bit at the bottom), there should be a little lock symbol, in the top left, which will be unlocked. Click to lock it, and the plugin gui won't disappear when you click elsewhere in the tracktion gui to drag a sample. The properties of the plugin will also stick in the properties panel.

Alternatively (at least on windows) there's a little blue pin on the top right of the plugin gui. Click that, it'll become a red pin, and the plugin gui won't disappear when you click elsewhere to drag sample. The properties of the plugin WON'T stick in the properties panel, if you go with this option, but that shouldn't matter, for what you're doing.

I can post screen grabs, if that's not clear, just need to upload them somewhere first, which is a bit of an arse, on KVR ...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

@chico.co.uk Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I have tried to pin the plugin window, but it still doesn't work, so it's possible this feature currently isn't implemented in Tracktion. If this works for you, perhaps it is a bug in Tracktion? I am using the 64 bit version on OS X 10.9.4.

As far as I know this has never been possible in Tracktion. Only drag&drop from the finder/Explorer.

Makes for a perfect feature request, though. Thanks.

Have you tried cmd+c and cmd+v to copy / paste samples into the plugin gui?

Not sure if that'll work with Kontakt or Battery (I don't have either, except the freebie Kontakt player), but it works for things like the Tracktion sampler. Literally can't remember if it works for other third party samplers or not
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

@chico.co.uk I will try that and post the results back later.

It is also possible to work around this by using the plugin browser to load the sample from the project directory, but the process is a bit slow.

Return to “Tracktion”