edit clipping every few seconds - help

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys
im back to using T5 after a couple of years on T2/3 and 4.
I downloaded a mates band's gig so its one track with no plug-ins, vst,s etc and every few seconds it "clips" or sort of jumps, ie the sound disappears for a nanosecond! I notice when it does this the cpu meter dial at the top of the screen momentarily goes red but Im not as far as im aware running any other heavy load programmes (maybe avast anti virus?) In fact theres only 28 processes running in windows XP in total. Any idea what might be causing this? Its a fairly poky PC (8 gig ram)
using asio4all. Thanks!

Sounds weird. Perhaps a driver issue, have you tried another one?

btw you can double click on the cpu for a window with detailed info.

Did you know that T5 is available for Linux? A very capable but often ignored OS?

I don't do nanoseconds...

Jeff

check the audiointerfacedriver!

choose a larger buffer there.

it's on the settingspage ...

skidder652003 wrote:Hi Guys
im back to using T5 after a couple of years on T2/3 and 4.
I downloaded a mates band's gig so its one track with no plug-ins, vst,s etc and every few seconds it "clips" or sort of jumps, ie the sound disappears for a nanosecond! I notice when it does this the cpu meter dial at the top of the screen momentarily goes red but Im not as far as im aware running any other heavy load programmes (maybe avast anti virus?) In fact theres only 28 processes running in windows XP in total. Any idea what might be causing this? Its a fairly poky PC (8 gig ram)
using asio4all. Thanks!
8GB RAM is poky? :o Give it here, I've never had more than two!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I froze the track and the problem went away but i can't see why the cpu keeps rising every 10 seconds or so? I set the latency nice and low and even with no plugins and going through a focusrite scarlett 2i2, it still did it, must be something to do with the PC!!

Try increasing the buffer size - this means increasing the latency - that puts less pressure on your system resources.
Tracktion Software Corporation

If increasing the buffer size doesn't fix it, start at the beginning and verify that the problem doesn't exist in the source material by playing it on another system.

Don't blame your system unless YOUR sound files do the same thing. If the source files verify OK on another system then you can focus on your PC but if your files play normally I'd look closely at any peripherals involved before getting into your PC and maybe re-install asio4all.

Regards,

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Regrets.

I meant to say:

Don't blame your system unless YOUR OWN sound files do the same thing. If the source files verify OK on another system then you can focus on your PC but if your own files play normally I'd look closely at any peripherals involved and maybe re-install asio4all before getting into your PC.

"Make sure its broke before you fix it."

theoldguy
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Return to “Tracktion”