Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Great new features. I had just bought Pro-Q, so this was a nice surprise for a free upgrade :)

Sounds great!

You guys are talking about €52 for the upgrade? Mine is at €74,50 and besides pro-q i own volcano 2, timeless 2 and simplon. :scared:
Bitwig

Krixa, you probably didnt send those free codes out from FabFilter to other buyers so you dont have discount. I received additional 20€ discount because I gave free codes to two other buyers, so my upgrade path is also 52€.

krixa wrote:You guys are talking about €52 for the upgrade? Mine is at €74,50 and besides pro-q i own volcano 2, timeless 2 and simplon. :scared:
Yeah, apparently you'll need more to get a larger discount....

Stellar update. I got the full 65% upgrade price, but am going to use the 30-day demo period first 8)

Congrats to the guys at FabFilter on this release. It's a very satisfying update. Top notch stuff, yet again. CPU is negligible.

yeh the price is reasonable IMO especially as I spend more time with Pro-Q than my wife ;)

Keith99 wrote:yeh the price is reasonable IMO especially as I spend more time with Pro-Q than my wife ;)
How much did you pay for your wife?

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Keith99 wrote:yeh the price is reasonable IMO especially as I spend more time with Pro-Q than my wife ;)
:lol:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Oh man, you beat me to it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCCBMlHnRM
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Endor-8o8 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
still on going I am afraid :)

billcarroll wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Oh man, you beat me to it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wCCBMlHnRM
AHAHA, still one of my favourite movies :D

Keith99 wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
still on going I am afraid :)
If you buy another 5, you might get a discount on the remaining funds, no?

deft_bonz wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Actually, I was in touch with DMG Audio about this, and what they might do in terms of "stepping up". The answer was plain and simple "we can already do all that and more with EQuilibrium".
LOL... sounds to me as they were afraid. Although they don't have to be. DMG has a great EQ with great features as well, but it does definitely not feature all what Pro-Q 2 does. But DMG has other features, which FF doesn't have.
No, they actually sounded more than confident.

I asked them since I mostly ignored the advanced features. Client rig = barely time to go haywire/thoroughly test things.

penguinfromdeep wrote:It doesn't have the spectrum grab feature for instance ... Maybe in the future though, would be awesome (I own equilibrium)
It doesn't have "Spectrum Grab", neither does it auto gain indeed.

But... it has an auto link function (something I've never really used, only know this from the manual) if you use several instances of EQuilibirum. So you can compare frequency plots with each other. Something that Pro-Q2 does with sidechain (I don't want to know how "well" in Cubase actually, where only VST3 works for native sidechaining). Something along the lines of MMultiAnalyzer - only that this analyzer can show several frequency plots on top of each other.

Spectrum Grab is not an issue IMO either. You can slow down the spectrum and still(!) create an EQ point to compensate/boost in the DMGAudio EQ. It's just not "dumbed down" (read: simplified) like in Pro-Q, so to speak.

So the company that actually "catched up" was Fabfilter in this case. Though Spectrum Grab / Autogain is not a main selling point for me/IMO.

But I kind of see it similar with a comment I got through mail from a befriended engineer:
Fabfilter is more for the hobbyist's/pro-sumer market, DMGAudio is more aiming at the (technical) pro-market only.

I can kind of agree on that. Even if the prices are somewhat similar.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

At least... 2 buy it or not 2 buy it??? o.O

Compyfox wrote: But I kind of see it similar with a comment I got through mail from a befriended engineer:
Fabfilter is more for the hobbyist's/pro-sumer market, DMGAudio is more aiming at the (technical) pro-market only.
FabFilter Pro-Q is used by top pros worldwide, and is by no means aimed at the "hobbyist's/pro-sumer market" rather than the (technical) pro-market.

DMG Audio makes great plugins, and I think FabFilter and DMG would both like as much marketshare as they can get.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Effects”