KVR MIX CHALLENGE - MC03 August 2014 - Voting period has ended, Winners announced (pg 17)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Grant S on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tempting fate. ;)

Voting files almost up!

Image Image

The voting playlist is now ready! Please PM me your three votes ranked in order of your preference.

https://soundcloud.com/jrrshop/sets/kvr ... lberg-if-i

no voting for yourself right? hehe

No voting for yourself. :)

:tu: :party: :phones:

Soundcloud seemed to add a slight glitch to mine on 2:33, I hope that doesn't show up in the downsampling!

Hate KVR with a mobile phone!

Just checked your file camsr, no glitch for me. And this is the downsampled version btw. Will update the thread title and link to the voting tomorrow, as soon as I have access to a regular rig again.

And it would be nice if Eric could also post the statistics (read: edit the post, see templates?)

In the meantime, please consult the rules regarding the voting process. If I got that right, voting ends 13-09-2014 midnight to 14th, PDT.

Good luck, people.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I need a download package with wav files. SoundCloud has poor audio quality.

Since I seem to be the only available MC initiator that is awake, let me post the usual. :tu:
(Thanks Eric for handling the SoundCloud folder)

Let's begin with the MC03 voting.
Voting starts as of now and lasts until 13-09-2014 (Midnight to 14-09-2014, PDT)

Please take note of the official voting and winning rules the official rules thread!
Post 4: Rules for Voting
Post 5: Rules and General Information for winning goods

Summed up important bits:

VOTING:
  • In order to cast your vote, you need to write a PM to user Uncle E with the following information:
    PM written to user Uncle E wrote:Subject: KVR Mix Challenge 03 - Voting

Text:
    1st Place: Participant A (get's 3 points)
    2nd Place: Participant B (get's 2 points)
    3rd Place: Participant C (get's 1 points)
  • the winner of the competition will be decided by popular votes / highest score
  • voting is mandatory to all mix participants (read: you have to, full commitment!)

Special thanks go to all sponsors.
And once more a thank you to <song provider name> for providing the track.

:arrow: ENTRANTS AND STATISTICS

We have 23 tracks out of 23 entries (not counting the "for fun and games" entry by Eric himself). Compared to Mix Challenge 02, we have 13 entries more/less. Thank you so much for your participation. Please listen to all of the tracks, then cast your three votes according to the rules stated in the rules and guidelines.

General Information for MC<nr>:
- we can have 3 winners (podium)
- we can give away 5 free licenses to the participants (participants / 4 rounded down - rule)
- we can give away 1 free license for a random voter <will be removed with MC04>

Please see here what is available in the pool.

ENTRANTS:
We uploaded the tracks globally to a SoundCloud folder. Additional to that, you can grab a WAV or FLAC package for A/Bing in your host of choice.

The submitted/uploaded tracks are not mastered, but Loudness Normalized down to -18LUFS SLk for easier comparison. This is to offer a more objective viewpoint as the different average signal strength (perceived loudness) would otherwise influence your opinion. It is not a ticket for mixing as you please with future KVR Mix Challenges in full awareness, that we loudness normalize things anyway.

Here are the tracks on SoundCloud.
https://soundcloud.com/jrrshop/sets/kvr ... lberg-if-i

Here are the download packs for A/Bing in your host.
KVR Mix Challenge 03 entrants WAV (ca. 2,1GB, ZIP, LZMA compression)

STATISTICS:
Prior to the Loudness Normalization process, user Compyfox analyzed the files and noted down values like average signal strength, maximum signal strength, loudness range and mathematical dynamic range (this is a bonus information). He also noted down warnings and possible rule violations. As mentioned in the Gossip thread, we won't disqualify anyone unless it's a severe rule violation. But please take that as a learning curve. Pick up the information and improve on it.

KVR Mix Challenge 03 Statistics (DR value = RMS max to dBTP max //PDF, 14,5kb, 1 page, A3)
KVR Mix Challenge 03 Statistics (revision 06-09-2014 => DR value = RMS avg to dBTP max // PDF, 14,8kb, 1 page, A3)

If there is a dead link, please let us know.

DISQUALIFICATIONS:
NONE FOR MC03 - see statistics for more information

WITHDRAWALS:
- user Grant S withdrew his entry due to possible misunderstanding - we let him back on

Thanks once more for participating.

:!: :!: :!: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT :!: :!: :!:
It is planned to open the field for "resubmissions" post the voting process. Which will also be a new thing for MC04 and ongoing (submission period, voting period, feedback and resubmission period).

So please vote, give feedback to the participants, let them improve on it.
If you want to post a resubmission (if you feel like going back to the mix), please do so after the voting process is over.
Last edited by Compyfox on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Thanks for your efforts Compyfox. Now the voting can start. :tu:

Thanks Compyfox that you offer a statistics. This is very useful and interesting. I find them, however, a little bit heavy to read because I slip while reading often in the wrong line. Is it possible to fill every second line with a light gray or so to prevent slipping in the wrong line?

Please try the link to the statistics again.
I added thin, light grey horizontal lines to the layout.

Thank you very much! :)

:phones:

Return to “Production Techniques”