DDMF is going to release THE STRIP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TheStrip

Turello wrote:what do you care if the graphic seems Neve or others? It's the sound that counts, no?
Ha! Mate, this is KVR, the last thing of importance for some here is how an audio tool sounds......price, C/P and looks (in no particular order) seem to be more important! :hihi:

@ftech: Ok Man but sound, price, C/P and looks usually are not so bad in DDMF products. This product probably will not do wonders but you'll can try the demo and judge for yourself, without blinders...

... INSTEAD...

... sometimes I have the impression that here is full of redshanks goodwives!!! :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm sold. Always had my eyes on a channel strip such as Waves or UAD but just want a simple to use VST plugin!

Turello wrote:@ftech: Ok Man but sound, price, C/P and looks usually are not so bad in DDMF products. This product probably will not do wonders but you'll can try the demo and judge for yourself, without blinders...
.. sometimes I have the impression that here is full of redshanks goodwives!!! :hihi:
Yeah, I was actually agreeing with you! 8) I don't understand myself why people carry on about everything except the SOUND of a plugin......Kinda what it should be mostly about methinks.
Pretty GUIs can be more conducive to working with a plugin, but it ain't gonna help it sound good.
I will be demoing this once I can, even though I am flush with strip FX already, and that is because I am demoing the 6144 EQ at present and am mightily impressed with it.

I agree that sound is king, but looks dont hurt, and can even alter your workflow a bit. I hit a compressor with a VU meter differently than with a perfect peak meter.

I agree, it's stupid but human's are stupid. This is nothing new.

Sound is not as important to me as looks and especially usability. There are a lot of excellent plugins out there, the overall quality in VST-land is very high nowadays and I bet that a lot of people couldn't really identify their favorite plugin in a blind test with another one. Me including.

So what is left is workflow and usability. For me that means at least clean, logical interface, legible font size, support of the common conventions for mouse/keyboard handling and not too fancy graphics. Anything that supports me getting to a result fast without thinking too much about handling and whatnot. GTD. If a plugin doesn't offer it can sound as great as nothing else, I am out.

And this is where I have a tiny problem with the completely unlabeled buttons of STRIP: looking at the EQ I see "LMF", "MF" and "HMF", but there doesn't exist a convention what that means in frequencies. When I am mixing e.g. Drums and think "let me just cut a bit at 400-500Hz to remove some boxiness" I don't want to hover over the buttons first or look in the manual which knob covers that specific frequency. Is it at LMF or MF? It is just unnecessary distraction for the brain.
You might say I am nitpicking, but I am a firm believer that form should follow function and in this case it means that some scale or labels on the frequency knobs would really improve workflow.

Apart from this, I think STRIP has a good UI, well layed out and functional and looking good, too, only the long shades on the buttons look a tad unrealistic.
And kudos to DDMF for making it a design of their own and not the next vintage clone.

fese wrote:And this is where I have a tiny problem with the completely unlabeled buttons of STRIP: looking at the EQ I see "LMF", "MF" and "HMF", but there doesn't exist a convention what that means in frequencies. When I am mixing e.g. Drums and think "let me just cut a bit at 400-500Hz to remove some boxiness" I don't want to hover over the buttons first or look in the manual which knob covers that specific frequency. Is it at LMF or MF? It is just unnecessary distraction for the brain.
You might say I am nitpicking, but I am a firm believer that form should follow function and in this case it means that some scale or labels on the frequency knobs would really improve workflow.
docdued wrote:- the values are being shown while turning the sliders, or when just clicking on them. I think this is a good compromise of keeping a clean interface while still having the information ready when it's needed.
It's easy if you know how

here is the last beta version look

I definitely like this one better. Descriptions are no burden - they are informative.
Now, what is it that attracts me so much about channelstrips?
Looking forward to the release :tu:

Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Debby747 wrote:Now, what is it that attracts me so much about channelstrips?
Lots of knobs? :D
It's easy if you know how

Debby747 wrote:I definitely like this one better. Descriptions are no burden - they are informative.
Exactly! (Wish I could have expressed it precisely in so few words... :wink: )
Good solution, it's much better now.

There's no expander mode now? That's a pity.

fese wrote:Sound is not as important to me as looks and especially usability.
:-o

kmonkey wrote:
fese wrote:Sound is not as important to me as looks and especially usability.
:-o
:eek: :roll:

"Welcome to the future" :lol:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

BTW, are we (the potential customers) to be cosidered as "Strippers" ?? :hihi:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”