Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

Does wannabe metal with playing non-djent count?

It's pretty heavy. I find it less plastic sounding than amplitube, but then that one comparison I did everyone liked the one I liked least. I gotta go back and listen to that today. Maybe make some new stuff that isn't so lame.

hibidy wrote: It's pretty heavy. I find it less plastic sounding than amplitube, but then that one comparison I did everyone liked the one I liked least. I gotta go back and listen to that today. Maybe make some new stuff that isn't so lame.
Just making sure, is the "it's" referring to Grindmachine?
Cheers

glokraw wrote:
hibidy wrote: It's pretty heavy. I find it less plastic sounding than amplitube, but then that one comparison I did everyone liked the one I liked least. I gotta go back and listen to that today. Maybe make some new stuff that isn't so lame.
Cheers
No, x50 which I don't like the sound of but everyone else did.

is there a bug with the buddah wah where it keeps resetting itself?

Bump.
Last edited by hibidy on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy wrote:
glokraw wrote:
Cheers
Thanks for clarifying. I for one, am glad there are no
mandatory hearing tests around here :wink:
Maybe ears are a bigger variable than anyone wants to admit.
Cheers

Ears, monitoring, room, and the big one, taste!

glokraw wrote:
hibidy wrote:
glokraw wrote:
Cheers
Thanks for clarifying. I for one, am glad there are no
mandatory hearing tests around here :wink:
Maybe ears are a bigger variable than anyone wants to admit.
Cheers
They are. Mine are kinda f**ked but I use other things as a reference.

hibidy wrote:is there a bug with the buddah wah where it keeps resetting itself?
bump

hibidy wrote:
hibidy wrote:is there a bug with the buddah wah where it keeps resetting itself?
bump
It has a default on "toe switch" like action. To turn it off press the dot on the top of the pedal.

a123321 wrote:
hibidy wrote:
bump
It has a default on "toe switch" like action. To turn it off press the dot on the top of the pedal.
GOD, I am the worlds biggest idiot!!!!!!!!!!! :x :oops:

thank you!

When should us users expect an update to fix the issues we found so far? I'm really interested in the Input Shaping feature (that's one of my favorite features thusfar), but it's useless to me right now with it not working upon reload.

A couple more things...

If I have Revalver open it will sometimes get in a cycle where it periodically will cause everything in my DAW to stop playing for a moment. This can be really startling. I am pretty sure this has something to do with the Revalver backend service that is checking to see if you are using purchased modules or demo'ed modules though the issue definitely occurs even when all the modules are purchased.

I may be a little spoiled using AmpliTube, but for whatever reason you can push the output on it way into the red and it doesn't clip in any noticeable way to me. Revalver on the other hand has to just barely and momentarily go into the red to make audible clipping noises. You have to be careful to give yourself enough headroom so as not to jump into the red on more dynamic parts.

Should the pickup RMS setting change from one preset to another? I think this might be part of the reason why 95% of the presets sound so harsh to me.

The input/output/pickup thing is tricky. Agreed there.

...Release the KRAFTEN! Man, this might be the best NG I've ever used!

...Release the KRAFTEN!
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

lolz, you might get a word from our sponsor over that! :lol:

Return to “Effects”