Recabinet 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, I can see how that wording is confusing. ALL of the amp models currently listed on the Recabinet website are part of the base package. VIPs get expansions beyond that free for 3 years, whereas non-VIPs can purchase packs of 4 for $19.99 or a la carte amps for $7.99. You can also upgrade to VIP at any time.

The focus of the initial release is indeed high gain, but vintage and boutique amps are going to be added in expansion packs very soon. I know 3 amp collectors who are nice enough to let me borrow some of their amps to study.

Sorry if the wording on the site was unclear. I've updated it so it won't confuse anyone any further. :ud:
Last edited by Kazrog on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Interesting. So the next question would be: If I chose to upgrade to VIP later, then for how much and for what time period would the upcoming updates be good for (I.e. does one get updates from within your proposed 3 year timeline or from purchase/update date)? I'm def interested, but with a market over saturated with amp modeling, i have to weigh in my options.

DFoisie wrote:Interesting. So the next question would be: If I chose to upgrade to VIP later, then for how much and for what time period would the upcoming updates be good for (I.e. does one get updates from within your proposed 3 year timeline or from purchase/update date)? I'm def interested, but with a market over saturated with amp modeling, i have to weigh in my options.
There will be a prorated cost depending on how many amp packs you've already purchased (if any.) VIP plans begin from the date of purchase.

Oversaturated? I think most amp modelers actually don't saturate enough. :lol:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Kazrog wrote:Wow, I can see how that wording is confusing. ALL of the amp models currently listed on the Recabinet website are part of the base package. VIPs get expansions beyond that free for 3 years, whereas non-VIPs can purchase packs of 4 for $19.99 or a la carte amps for $7.99. You can also upgrade to VIP at any time.
Thanks! What about Preamp/Poweramp Models? Singles and packs? And Cabs? Singles and packs? How about the VIP post-introductory offer upgrade pricing?

Sorry for being somewhat of a stickler for details, but it makes it hard to pre-order something when you can't try it out AND you're not sure of all the terms. BTW, what's the Karzog resale policy?

Breeze wrote:
Kazrog wrote:Wow, I can see how that wording is confusing. ALL of the amp models currently listed on the Recabinet website are part of the base package. VIPs get expansions beyond that free for 3 years, whereas non-VIPs can purchase packs of 4 for $19.99 or a la carte amps for $7.99. You can also upgrade to VIP at any time.
Thanks! What about Preamp/Poweramp Models? Singles and packs? And Cabs? Singles and packs? How about the VIP post-introductory offer upgrade pricing?

Sorry for being somewhat of a stickler for details, but it makes it hard to pre-order something when you can't try it out AND you're not sure of all the terms. BTW, what's the Karzog resale policy?
Preamp/Poweramp models will mostly be based on the heads they typically come from. If not, say if I wanted to model the legendary Bogner Fish for example (which I do), then it will be part of an amp pack along with a modeled dedicated power amp (such as a Mesa 2:90, just an example, not necessarily exactly what I will do although it's a good idea.) The preamp and power amp would then count as basically one head in terms of the pricing of its respective model pack.

I plan to add some freebie cabinets (whether or not you're a VIP) but amps are really the focus now that Recabinet can load external IRs and already comes with plenty of its own stock ones.

I'll also be beefing up the e-commerce on the website so it's a bit more user friendly.

Oh yeah, and you're free to sell your copy of your software at any time, just use the support form to let us know the details of the new owner so the license can be transferred.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

What's the plan on the demo front, Karzog? Would like to check this out for myself.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:What's the plan on the demo front, Karzog? Would like to check this out for myself.
There will be a free demo, as before. It will be limited to 30 minute sessions and you won't be able to save presets.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

OK - What is the ETA on that at this stage? Will we get a chance to try it while the discount is running? That is what I would want.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:OK - What is the ETA on that at this stage? Will we get a chance to try it while the discount is running? That is what I would want.
Early Fall. Early October is realistic. Everything is on schedule and going great. :phones:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

The anticipation is going to be hard to deal with.

I hope it works with live. I had terrible problems with 3.5/6 and live (good in studio one though)

hibidy wrote:The anticipation is going to be hard to deal with.

I hope it works with live. I had terrible problems with 3.5/6 and live (good in studio one though)
Hmm, weird. We test each release in Live and there are no known issues. However, YMMV - Live only supports stereo tracks, therefore 1 instance of Recabinet uses double the CPU in Live as a mono track in another DAW, no matter what. While Recabinet fully supports stereo (and has internal panning), most people don't care about stereo with individual mono guitar recordings. If you have a slow CPU, that could explain the issues you're having, but if you think there may be an undiscovered bug, please use the support form on our website. Users who discover bugs we don't know about are entitled to special privileges, so we encourage open communication with support. 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Pricing is a little weird. A new customer wanting VIP can save $50 by buying recabinet 3 and upgrading to VIP. :-). Anyway, I'm a new customer and I wish you luck!

Kazrog wrote:
hibidy wrote:The anticipation is going to be hard to deal with.

Hmm, weird. We test each release in Live and there are no known issues. However, YMMV - Live only supports stereo tracks, therefore 1 instance of Recabinet uses double the CPU in Live as a mono track in another DAW, no matter what. While Recabinet fully supports stereo (and has internal panning), most people don't care about stereo with individual mono guitar recordings. If you have a slow CPU, that could explain the issues you're having, but if you think there may be an undiscovered bug, please use the support form on our website. Users who discover bugs we don't know about are entitled to special privileges, so we encourage open communication with support. 8)
lolz.

I know it's not some secret plot, it's just that 3 didn't have the problems crashing (but also didn't have the stereo panning and IR changing. )

robertszalapski wrote:Pricing is a little weird. A new customer wanting VIP can save $50 by buying recabinet 3 and upgrading to VIP. :-). Anyway, I'm a new customer and I wish you luck!
An oversight that's been corrected. :dog:

In any case, no one has abused that, and now it's no longer possible. Thanks for pointing that out! 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Kazrog wrote:
In any case, no one has abused that,
Besides me, you mean. :D

But I'd known I wanted recabinet for a while, I was just waiting for a sale.

Return to “Effects”