Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

A glass in front of the speaker maybe? :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:A glass in front of the speaker maybe? :hihi:
I'll try that, thank's!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I'll try that, thank's!
Make sure to use plexiglass with rounded edges. Leave the real deal for pro's please, we don't want you to hurt yourself.

Loved Pro-Q v1, but v2 is sooo good. I enjoy using it. If anyone needs discount codes, send me your e-mail address via pm. :)

BDeep wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
I'll try that, thank's!
Make sure to use plexiglass with rounded edges. Leave the real deal for pro's please, we don't want you to hurt yourself.
I can't afford plexiglass.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
BDeep wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
I'll try that, thank's!
Maybe us poor amateurs should stick with Pro-Q then.

I am getting $99.5 to upgrade. 50% discount. Too much.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

BDeep wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
BDeep wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
I'll try that, thank's!
Maybe us poor amateurs should stick with Pro-Q then.
Agreeing 100% here!

SHUT UP AND PUT YOUR PRO-Qs WHERE YOUR MOUTHs IS, YOU PESKY NOT-PROs, YOU!

:x

Compyfox, your statement about Pro-Q being more for "hobbyists" is just bizarre. I don't have the permission to reveal some of the FabFilter Pro-Q (and many other FF plugins) clientele but lets just say that a huge chunk of what you hear on radio, TV, movies etc. has a Pro-Q there somewhere. Yeah..

Just because DMG audio decided to go the "epic complex with tons of options" route doesn't make it any more "pro" at all. It just makes it very flexible and a nice choice for a select few individuals (yours truly included! I love tinkering with complex stuff!). On the flip side of the coin, they lost a lot of people who actually care about the end product.. people who are too busy with getting productions complete and shown to a multi-million large audience, instead of sitting there tinkering and configuring stuff.

Also, lets not forget that it was Pro-Q v1 that pretty much "inspired" EQuilibrium/Equick in the first place (and I use the word "inspired" politely).

So yeah, I don't even understand why on earth you'd post something so "elitist" and stupid as you did.. doesn't even matter if it's your own statement or not. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :roll:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Well said bmanic.

Total nonsense IMO. Both plugins have their place ... both are absolutely excellent at what they do.

The new spectrum grab feature in Pro-Q 2 is great piece of lateral thinking ... reckon I'll be using that a lot!
... space is the place ...

The only thing I will say specifically about the FabFilter plugins, whether or not this has anything to do with 'pro' status I don't know, is that the GUIs for me are a tad hard to use. As art, I think they are quite pretty -- they remind me some of the Roger Dean artwork that graced the covers of several YES albums.

Art value aside, I find the designs distinctly unhelpful when working. Like I suspect of so many others here, I have way too many perfectly fine plugins and some hardware of great quality already, so these end up less favoured when choosing which to use. I certainly do enjoy looking at them, though, and I certainly don't dispute that they perform well -- perhaps not the world's very best for each task but far better than most.

I would have to side with the DMG argument for pure functionality and ease of use. Last, the user definds the tool, not so much the tool the user. This is to say the working pro's choice and use of a tool determines whether the tool is 'pro' quality, not the other way around. That makes these silly academic discussions I often see on these forums rather pointless. Better to back up such claims by instead providing us with examples of the 'pro' work you claim to be doing with your preferred tool -- something I think many of us readers too often find missing. Why talk about a wrench if one can't show they use it properly? Even babysitters have to provide checkable references these days!

MarlaPodolski wrote:Last, the user defines the tool, not so much the tool the user.
Whow, you shatter the very existence of this site :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

FabFilter should consider renaming it Hobby-Q. :hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

MarlaPodolski wrote:I would have to side with the DMG argument for pure functionality and ease of use. Last, the user definds the tool, not so much the tool the user.
You see, it's all down to personal preference, because my feelings towards the DMG or Fabfilter approach are the exact opposite, I find the latter more evolved around the user.

That being said, they're both excellent developers with excellent plugins. We're spoiled for choice.

Return to “Effects”