Best/Favorite Drum synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been thinking about drum synths as an alternative to samples so I'm interested in what everyone thinks are the best. Dedicated drum synths or normal synths are fine, but I suppose I'm more interested in the dedicated synths for ease of tweaking. The Maschine 2.0 synths sound awesome to me but alas they are not available for vst as far as I know.

Maschine loads as a soft-synth in Sonar, but doesn't allow you to use the hardware as a controller.
Hope they address that some time soon. Or at least re-wire?
So there is a way to work around to get it in, but it could be simpler.
I guess Geist would be an option for you along those lines?

I swear by Drumspillage, Mac only I'm afraid.
Otherwise I can highly recommend Drumatic. Then there's Tremor which is good but I never really gelled with it.
Last edited by BDeep on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drumatic3 or 4.
yzcoruhT

Drumspillage. All synth, no samples, all bad-ass.

-Sam

What sound(s) are you looking for, my favorite is Extreme Drum Synth, it's only available as a 32 bit Windows plugin, also I much prefer the older builds of it, glad I got in early.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

drumular is an oldie but a goodie. Highly recommended.
microTonic is another obvious choice. Sounds quite diffs to drumular, so they're a nicely complimentary pair.

xalama qo wrote:drumular is an oldie but a goodie. Highly recommended.
... and no more available, AFAIK. :(
yzcoruhT

I have Drummax, BDM and Tattoo ... altho' I also like Live's Drum Racks (containing Instrument Racks).

:)

I've been enjoying TS-808 quite a bit.

i like to talk about the ones i've made, because there's even a few unique ones for sale. like radian, which models circular membranes (afaik it is the only vst which does that, AAS does square drums and others).

maybe i'll even get rich, or maybe you'll find a bunch of weird stuff that i'd have to mention.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

fxpansion dr-008... still the best drum synth ever made

tremor and microtonic are pretty good too

EXD-80 is also nice...and free.

I like Bong by xoxos and Drumatic 4

Drumatic is king.

Get both versions.

For sheer heft and kink - get Tremor!

Return to “Instruments”