IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

kbaccki wrote:
mhog wrote:Since when a free player has to import the legacy libraries?... It is not a lite version (same functions), it is a sort of demo, AFAIK. I guess most of the people who just bought ST3 would not be that happy if less than one month later IKM came out with a totally free version with import and save functions! :o You want to import legacy libraries? Buy ST3. Nobody force you, it is your choice (ST2 still works. If you need it "64bit", just use a bridge).
Let's rehash the semantics game from earlier in the thread then.

ST2 eventually became "SampleTank Free", which was in actual fact a fully functional, free engine that would load IK (ST2, Miro, Sonik, etc.) + 3rd party XpansionTank stuff.

Now, "SampleTank Free" is actually demo, not the same as the old "SampleTank Free".

They should have simply called it: SampleTank 3 Demo.

Period. End of story.

Maybe there's a language thing between IK and the english speaking world. :shrug: Yes, that is a smart @ss comment... but why all the confusion, all the time? You tell me.
In my country we say "a caval donato non si guarda in bocca" (more or less: "you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth"). It means: "it's free, just say thanks and shut up".

Numanoid wrote:
glokraw wrote:
bob bobwood wrote:What are the system requirements for running the free version.
You will find the manual in your user area.

Fascinatingly though, it doesn't contain information about the installation procedure or system requirements.
The previous version requires this. Mostly tiny companies do no require authorization. Some like UVI and Soundtoys require Pace / ilok.

mhog wrote: In my country we say "a caval donato non si guarda in bocca" (more or less: "you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth"). It means: "it's free, just say thanks and shut up".
Hey! Coincidentally we decided to take that very statement out of our marketing materials for SampleTank 3 Free

Sounds like the piano is very pleasing to a lot of people I've heard from, and we will get some additional sounds up as planned to add to the free library.

64bit seulement. Thanks glokraw for spotting that my query about the piano download had not been addressed.
At the moment I'm on Win7 but haven't hooked up to 64bit FLStudio yet. So until then, Adieu, and thanks.

I'll just have to live with the fact that 32bit won't cut the mustard no more, lol.

bob bobwood wrote:At the moment I'm on Win7 but haven't hooked up to 64bit FLStudio yet. So until then, Adieu, and thanks.
32 bit FL Studio will automatically bridge 64 bit plugs.

I use many 64 bit plugs in my 32 bit FL Studio 11.1

Cheers Numanoid, now you mention it, I think I knew that............just never needed to use it.

Adieu was short lived then, Bonjour all the way.

"Your wife is a keeper."

I'm not sure why but this post appeared very far away from where I first posted it. This was referring to someone who's wife had just gifted him ST3.
Last edited by parografik on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather take a beating than paint.

Lee702 wrote:
kbaccki wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I thought the exact thing last night.. 20 dollars for an addon to import your ST2 samples. I have a lot of Xpansion Tank banks that would be nice to use in ST3 but no way I'm buying ST3 just for that ability. However, a small 15-20 dollar fee to make the ST3 Free version import the ST2 content would be a buy here.
Could you imagine the Poop Show that would ensue? I would take a full day off from work just to refresh KVR nonstop...

Which implies right now your just trolling.
Really, now. Your response implies you haven't really been following the IK Circus for too long.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

parografik wrote:"Your wife is a keeper."
and the edit.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to wonder if it was something I'd said.

I'm sure your wife is a lucky woman, Bob. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I'd rather take a beating than paint.

parografik wrote:I'm sure your wife is a lucky woman, Bob. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Take the phrase "Bob's your uncle" to a new level now too... Or it could just be my weird associative thought process.

It also appears that I never posted the latest tutorial video which is about importing legacy instruments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2h09o_WeZE

We also have a playlist with all of them and the next one will also be on importing FYI
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Ki4RLyDL57

Peter seriously....for a company who makes a ton of effects plugins you guys don't know what a de-esser is ?

The video is informative but listening to it is about as pleasant as listening to someone step on a cat's tail for 2 minutes.......... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:The video is informative but listening to it is about as pleasant as listening to someone step on a cat's tail for 2 minutes.......... :lol:
Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Ooooooooooooooo, that's awful! :lol:

Just trying out S'tank3 Free now. Does anyone know how to authorise it to stop the whine noise arriving in 10 days? The authorisation panel demands serial number, which I don't have, as this is a free version. Many thanks for any help.

Return to “Instruments”