which Valhalla Reverb to buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I ended up getting Room. I'll get more as time goes on. Thanks to Valhalla for the awesome reverbs! Plate would be awesome.

There are 3 plate algorithms in VVV. Is this not sufficient? I think it's plenty.

valhallasound wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:were sean to release a plug with various plate algo's, he could name it "the plates of valhalla" :hihi: :hihi:
el-bo (formerly ebow), MARKETING GENIUS.

ssshhhhh !!! bill hicks'll hear ya :scared:
That was worth the Googling to figure out what you were talking about. :D
:D

arkmabat wrote:I ended up getting Room. I'll get more as time goes on. Thanks to Valhalla for the awesome reverbs! Plate would be awesome.
:tu: excellent choice you won't regret!

I've tried VVV and immediately bought it, then I tried VRoom and it had everything that VVV hadn't, bought. VVV for effects + VRoom for gluing everything together is the best bundle you can get. They have their own character, they don't try to sound like Lexicon, simply amazing.

lvivski wrote:... they don't try to sound like Lexicon,
Actually most algorithms in VVV do exactly try to do that. And do it well.

Room and Shimmer are both extremely useful. I don't own VVV but I hear good things about it. Room + Shimmer take care of all my verb needs, hands down.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

arkmabat wrote:I ended up getting Room. I'll get more as time goes on. Thanks to Valhalla for the awesome reverbs! Plate would be awesome.
If you're into Plate Reverb, check this out -

Poor Plate

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/poor_pl ... acuumsound

xoxos gave it 8/10 - that is pretty high praise coming from him. I wouldn't disagree. It is free. It doesn't even tickle your cpu. It sounds f**king incredible. For a plate.

I just use it as a stock send on my energy xt templates where max performance min overhead are crucial. At the end of the day, you could have any verb on there, but if you don't call up the gui and just listen to the sound - it is just a case of dialling it in - more or less.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voice303 wrote:Room and Shimmer are both extremely useful. I don't own VVV but I hear good things about it. Room + Shimmer take care of all my verb needs, hands down.

just bought shimmer its HUGE.

AstralExistence wrote:
Voice303 wrote:Room and Shimmer are both extremely useful. I don't own VVV but I hear good things about it. Room + Shimmer take care of all my verb needs, hands down.

just bought shimmer its HUGE.
Check out Verbtone, if you like that kind of thing!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
lvivski wrote:... they don't try to sound like Lexicon,
Actually most algorithms in VVV do exactly try to do that. And do it well.

I hear the algos in Adverb by Audio Damage are based on the Lexicon 200. The Gui certainly is. And a marvelous job it is too.

Now, seeing as Sean did the algo for Eos, I'm wondering who did the algo for that? Adverb I mean.

Adam?

Not that it matters. A bit of mystery in your life is a good thing, especially when it comes to 'verbs.

Still, wonder who it was coded that.

Here's a bit of Adverb holding its own against a Lexicon (at least to my old and battered ears)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6fm0_0KHPs

The future has arrived!

I'm absolutely LOVING Valhalla Room. Don't go the free route for reverb, you're missing out! This sounds exceptional with drums. Throw "large room" on a bass drum and you have instant theatrical drums.

I bought Vroom yesterday without the demo (no demos available when I looked) to go with my eventide ultraverb which is also good, but I prefer Vroom...I fact today I bought uber mod today - also excellent - shimmer next....and all for less than the cost of the eventide black hole plugin...(which to be fair was what started me looking for alternative reverbs, I liked the spund and idea of black hole but not the price!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

My $0.00002 is that VVV and Room are both amazingly good, and super useful, huge range of great sounds and vibes between them. Uber is also great for what it does, which isn't verb per se, but it's still very cool and great to have around. Shimmer is also wonderful, but for the amount of the time I need something like its unique sweet spot, VVV doesn't do at all badly.

Really, all the Valhallas are a great contribution to the world, at fantastically reasonable prices too. Bet you can't eat just one :)

I have 3 of their plugins Vroom , VVV , and Uber . I like 1. VVV 2. Uber 3. Vroom . In that order . VVV is just easy to dial in THAT SOUND and is not just a color type reverb it can do a lot of stuff from subtle to over the top . Ubermod is just something different , tape delay , reverse reverb , reverse delay , ping pong , reverbs , choruses , flanger , tremolo , etc etc . I like it alot. Vroom is good but I find myself using VVV more I thought after the newness of VVV wore off it'd be Vroom but no. I could probably sell Vroom 2nd hand but I'm still gonna keep it .

Return to “Effects”