VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

BDeep wrote:We're spoiled for choice.
I think exactly the opposite :(

Barry Schwartz: The paradox of choice
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

MarlaPodolski wrote:
That makes these silly academic discussions I often see on these forums rather pointless. Better to back up such claims by instead providing us with examples of the 'pro' work you claim to be doing with your preferred tool -- something I think many of us readers too often find missing.
YEP....

Tp3 wrote:
BDeep wrote:We're spoiled for choice.
I think exactly the opposite :(

Barry Schwartz: The paradox of choice
Interesting view! Just watched it, thanks. Still, I'm glad for a choice of plugins ;)

Compyfox wrote: There is a rumor that this thing starts to distort once the sound exceeds 0dBFS (internally). Is that still the case with v2?
Compyfox wrote: "we can already do all that and more with EQuilibrium".
Compyfox wrote: Looks like a normal "we need further income" procedure to me.
Compyfox wrote: Fabfilter is more for the hobbyist's/pro-sumer market, DMGAudio is more aiming at the (technical) pro-market only.
:clap:
ImageImageImageImage

On a positive note, I lasted 24 hours before I snatched up the upgrade. Fabfilter plugs make me happy, and that helps when trying to write music. I'm very happy to report that my ears are not that discriminating when it comes to the finest of audio detail. I'm confident that ProQ2 has excellent specs, but regardless, it sounds transparent enough for me. I drink cheap coffee and wine as well. Not becoming a hipster aficionado has it's perks.

As someone stated earlier in this thread, Dan Worrall makes it mighty tempting with his demo videos. I was fascinated by the MFM2 video (as someone else also mentioned) as well, and I too am a bit slow following the whole process he demonstrated there. He moves quick. He sold me on that one too. Heck, I even liked the music in the background.

:wink:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Okay, this is getting ridiculus. And using KVR with a mobile is no joy.

bmanic:
I don't disregard the fact that Pro-Q is used up and down everywhere. Heck I use it most of the time at clients rigs.

Again, the comment is not mine, but it clearly shows that a lot of KVRians have a thin skin if it comes down to commenting only a slight bit towards the wrong direction of their liking. This is something I'd call fanboy elitism.

Yes, Dave created EQuilibrium as answer to EQs at that time that lacked "technical" aim and rather focused on emulating stuff. So it was and still is something special. Fabfilter stepped up to that and also implemented the ever so favor Auto Gain now. Wow - use your ears!

Apparently, what I recently write is elitistic, whinging and what have you. Jokesters pick this up to profile themselves on top of that.

I'm backing out now. In fact, I should completely back out from this "Kindergarten" for a couple of days at least.

Just one thing - both companies are in talk. So it's promotion for them either way.

Don't listen to me as I obviously know jack - make up your own mind, people.

:tu:

EDIT:
Fixed the word "Kindergarten"
Last edited by Compyfox on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Please don't go,we need to talk with you,and why "kindergarden"?,now i'm confused,so many questions...

On a side note,i like Pro-Q 2 very much so far. :)
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

couple of decades maybe.

bmanic wrote:Compyfox, your statement about Pro-Q being more for "hobbyists" is just bizarre. I don't have the permission to reveal some of the FabFilter Pro-Q (and many other FF plugins) clientele but lets just say that a huge chunk of what you hear on radio, TV, movies etc. has a Pro-Q there somewhere. Yeah..

Just because DMG audio decided to go the "epic complex with tons of options" route doesn't make it any more "pro" at all. It just makes it very flexible and a nice choice for a select few individuals (yours truly included! I love tinkering with complex stuff!). On the flip side of the coin, they lost a lot of people who actually care about the end product.. people who are too busy with getting productions complete and shown to a multi-million large audience, instead of sitting there tinkering and configuring stuff.

Also, lets not forget that it was Pro-Q v1 that pretty much "inspired" EQuilibrium/Equick in the first place (and I use the word "inspired" politely).

So yeah, I don't even understand why on earth you'd post something so "elitist" and stupid as you did.. doesn't even matter if it's your own statement or not. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous. :roll:
"Also, lets not forget that it was Pro-Q v1 that pretty much "inspired" EQuilibrium/Equick in the first place (and I use the word "inspired" politely)."

Sorry, this part is just not true... equick?

Some, I guess (and all other "graph" EQs of note).

But, Equilibrium still stands in a class of its own, and originated as Dave's ultimate mastering EQ, which he's been talking about privately and publicly since well before either Equality or Pro Q existed (think back to his Sonalksis and Focusrite days).

If anything, most Pro Q 2 new features "steal" (not polite) from Equilibrium.

That said, we have all the fabfilter stuff, except the "Pro" plug-ins and Saturn, and all the DMG except Compassion (even Dualism).

We've got about $500 in DMG with all the intro/loyalty discounts and less than $150 in fabfilter (got an incredible bundle deal and other offers.)

The fab pro stuff is fine, too... it would just be mostly redundant here.

Anyway, everything Dave and KO make is "pro" without having to have it in the name.

Don't get me wrong, I like fabfilter and a lot of other companies, but goods from the likes of DMG, Exponential, etc. are just better.

Oh, and you Germans should know that it's "kindergarten" with a "t," right?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Sampleconstruct wrote:couple of decades maybe.
:D if you don't quote, it didn't happen :wink:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:couple of decades maybe.
:D if you don't quote, it didn't happen :wink:
Yeah, make this a double quote.

Compyfox wrote:Again, the comment is not mine, but it clearly shows that a lot of KVRians have a thin skin if it comes down to commenting only a slight bit towards the wrong direction of their liking. This is something I'd call fanboy elitism.

I'm backing out now. In fact, I should completely back out from this "kindergarden" for a couple of days at least.
We just asked you to explain the comment, as on first read it sounds ridiculous. You didn't and you possibly couldn't because that's some really indefensible bullshit, that's why you tried to gloss it over and pretend nothing has happened but it didn't work. And now you call people elitist fanboys from the kindergarten.

You're wrong!

Surely we can all agree that both the DMG and Fabfilter EQs are fantastic, both are used by pros on major records and it's just down to a matter of preference.
If one was just simply 'better' than the other you would expect everyone to use it, but I've seen videos of Tony Maserati and Dave Pensado using Pro-Q and I'm sure there are producers of similar status using DMG as well. These are guys that know their stuff and obviously can afford to buy whichever one they consider best.
So unless you're levels above all those guys, I don't think anyone can really say one is categorically better or more 'pro', whatever that is.

Back to topic, please.

Anybody actually tried it? So how is the natural phase mode, does it sound analog enough?

Let the endless digital vs analog debate begin... :borg:

toothnclaw wrote:We just asked you to explain the comment, ...
And I did. People still didn't like it.
End of story.

antithesist wrote:Oh, and you Germans should know that it's "kindergarten" with a "t," right?
The message came across, did it not?
But fine, I'll edit it to a "t" - to conform with the English language - even if it's actually a German word (might as well write it in it's German form).

klagga wrote:Back to topic, please.
Quoted for emphasis.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Effects”