Call for Circle² Beta Testers...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Slarti wrote:.
Form submitted.

One remark: I'm not well with 'deadlines'!

Hoping that Circle2 will also work comfortably on older (2-core) 32-bit systems...
Well, the hardware requirements for the original Circle was a (relatively modest) 1.4 GHz Pentium 4 with only 512 MB RAM. Circle Squared (get it?) could require a bit more processing power...or, you know...exponentially more.

That said, it would be nice to know what they're looking for as far as operating systems, 32-/64-bit hosts, specific DAWs, etc. Otherwise, they'll end up getting a lot of requests that they'll have to sort through, looking for the specifics they want.

Either way, I've signed up, and I wish them the best of luck!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

emailed submitted. Circle is one of my favourite synths atm, and without a doubt my favourite for modulation setup.
Meh.

planetearth wrote:(..)
That said, it would be nice to know what they're looking for as far as operating systems, 32-/64-bit hosts, specific DAWs, etc. Otherwise, they'll end up getting a lot of requests that they'll have to sort through, looking for the specifics they want.
(..)
Steve
That's what the questionnaire is for I guess ...

I volunteered as well, but have heard nothing yet...has anyone?

Hi,

Just to clarify, the new version of Circle will not have a substantial increase ( if any ) in processor overhead. We will continue also to support OSX 10.6.

Thanks to everyone who has signed up, we received a really big response. Due to the sheer number of respondents, what we might do is that once we having received the questionnaires, we break the testing into two phases, with access to a phase depending on your experience and knowledge of music software. This will allow us to shake out a lot of the major unfounded issues before wider testing begins.

Talk soon guys and thanks again for signing up. Also feel free to forward the link to any of your friends who are interested, we will keep the application open for a while longer.

Gavin.
Last edited by Gavin@FAW on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think i got 100? :P

ouch be back later

just wondering, are you going to let current circle users beta test by default? Since they are going to get the update anyway. Didnt know if you just wanted to limit the pool so you wouldnt have to wade through tons of reports though

Hi Ezelkow,

Anyone who wants to test Circle² prior to the release will need to sign up to the list and fill in the questionnaire when it is sent out.

The big problem with open beta testing in general is that if you have a show stopper bug that ruins the experience, it can then be detrimental to how people view your software from then on, even if this bug only existed in beta testing. We really want to reduce the possibility of this happening, so for the early versions we will restrict the beta version availability to only those who have signed up and taken the time to fill out the questionnaire.

Best,
Gavin@FAW
Last edited by Gavin@FAW on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm, that's weird, when were the list email sent out (signed up the sec this thread went up, haven't seen an email yet)? Just resubmitted (sorry if that might cause an issue).
Eternitysound VST Banks

Hope the interface disentir changes since it Washington one of Its strenghts.
dedication to flying

GeorgeZ wrote:Hmmm, that's weird, when were the list email sent out (signed up the sec this thread went up, haven't seen an email yet)? Just resubmitted (sorry if that might cause an issue).
I think nobody has, propbably all in one go?
rod_zero wrote:Hope the interface disentir changes since it Washington one of Its strenghts.
So, how are you liking your autocorrection? ;)

Sorry , a bit OT:
if I purchase the circle now ( at 49€) will I upgrade it to v.2 for free?? Thanx
:tu:

AgiKvr wrote:Sorry , a bit OT:
if I purchase the circle now ( at 49€) will I upgrade it to v.2 for free?? Thanx
Yep. According to their website: http://futureaudioworkshop.com/start/

BDeep wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Hmmm, that's weird, when were the list email sent out (signed up the sec this thread went up, haven't seen an email yet)? Just resubmitted (sorry if that might cause an issue).
I think nobody has, propbably all in one go?
Oh right right, I misunderstood the previous posts, they submitted their email address etc... not they've received the beta questionnaire. :tu:
Eternitysound VST Banks

AgiKvr wrote:Sorry , a bit OT:
Yes, right up to release day you can purchase Circle for the old price of €49.00 and receive a free upgrade to Circle².

Circle² will retail for €99.00

Gavin@FAW.

Return to “Instruments”