new free MIDI-Stepsequencer plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could have been part of the one-trick-pony series, which has officially ended (but seems I am addicted to that :ud: )

An easy to use step-sequencer (Windows VST 32b).

- Per step: Note, Octave, Velocity, Gate Length, Mute.
- Sequence transpose by incoming MIDI notes.
- Forward / Backward / Random
- Can run automatically with the host or start/stop-reset with incoming key press.
- Polyphonic - incoming chords will play as (transposed) chords !

8 step version free.
16 step version with ratcheting is available at an affordable price. :)
Last edited by WOK on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

Cool. Will certainly give this a try when you release it. :tu:

Are there any demo videos on usage? :help:

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:Are there any demo videos on usage? :help:
Not yet (what is the best free screen recorder for Windows by the way?).

But it's easy: The knob dials the note from C,C#,D...B,C.
Above it is the active step light indicator.
--/++ buttons transpose 1-2 octaves down/up.
Left blue quarter adjusts velocity, right one the gate length (and ratch 2-8 in the big version).
Button under the circle is mute.

The other parameters are selected from a drop down menu and should be obvious.
MIDI in/out channels can be selected and play modes are fwd (>), bwd (<), ><, <>, >><<, <<>> (turn-around note plays double) and RND.
ImageImage

Nice, thank you WOk !

WOK wrote:...(what is the best free screen recorder for Windows by the way?).
I've used the open source CamStudio in the past with good results:
http://camstudio.org/
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

WOK wrote:
...(what is the best free screen recorder for Windows by the way?).
OpenSource and Free,,, Win,Mac, and Linux...
https://obsproject.com/

Does a great job, rather easy on the CPU, in my experience. Capture Screen , Window, or selection,,,
Stream tool as well,,,

I'm new here, my first post actually, lol,,, short time lurker and noob,,, guitar player since birth, and learning about other instruments and DAW related tools,,,
DAW PreSonus Studio One 2 Pro using all 64bit plugins. :harp: having a blast!!!

Link to download page

:)

ImageImage

TheRocker wrote: OpenSource and Free,,, Win,Mac, and Linux...
https://obsproject.com/
+1,000,000

I think I should redo the graphics to be smaller but still easy to use, so the 16 steps are in one row - then I could do a version with three real independent rows for note, mute and gate length....
ImageImage

WOK wrote:Image
I think I should redo the graphics to be smaller
No, no, no! Think to all the persons having a severe visual impairment!!!

There are so many awesome plugins... which are totally unusable by all the musicians having a severe visual impairment!!! When will that stop???

When will the developers really understand that the readability of their GUI (WIDE and very contrasted) to be accessible to the persons having a severe visual impairment is far more important than everything else???

When will they stop to reserve the use of software plugins only to those who have a good eyesight??

This GUI is excellent as it is now! (and the grey of the central background could be even a bit darker to enhance the contrast, and for the same reason the pale grey of all the symbols and letters at the bottom line could be totally white! It would make the GUI yet more readable for all the persons having a severe visual impairments without making it ugly)

And please don't make it smaller!!! Neither the GUI itself... nor the elements!
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Even the number of each step is already too small for a person having a good eyesight... And you think to make it yet smaller???
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:Even the number of each step is already too small for a good viewer... And you think to make it yet smaller???
Not smaller in the way it is now, but a different design, where note, velocity, length and mute are in seperate lines of 16, and each row is independend in speed and length... :wink:
(has to fit on a notebook screen though - not everyone uses 1920px screens....)
ImageImage

WOK wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Even the number of each step is already too small for a person having a good eyesight... And you think to make it yet smaller???
Not smaller in the way it is now, but a different design, where note, velocity, length and mute are in seperate lines of 16, and each row is independend in speed and length... :wink:
Almost all the notebooks today are 1600 px width.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackWinny wrote:
WOK wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Even the number of each step is already too small for a good viewer... And you think to make it yet smaller???
Almost all the notebooks today are 1600 px width.
There were developers at the DC14 that could not find the "binary upload" button at the right side of the KVR screen :D
ImageImage

Return to “Instruments”