Video of Deadmau5 complaining about bitwig hardware recording

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well said Penguin, thanks for seeing the positives in Deadmau5s wisdom.

I think bitwig certainly is good for dance music atm, however, with a few updates, Id imagine that it will be a hit with the hip hop community. MOST of my friends produce hip hop beats they love the multi-sampler and if they added stretching into the multisampler directly, I can tell you all my hip hop friends would jump to bitwig tomorrow.

But i make dance, and dance loves bitwig atm even with the few things its missing.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

It works perfectly with analogue gear.
I use an analogue guitar, an analogue microphone and an analogue bass... ;-)

But seriously:
Both are supported, both from the beginning, both aren't perfect yet but getting there. Some people are able to use it just fine. You basically ask for "press play" yourself, just with the gear or workflow you think is most important. ;-)

I can only repeat myself: it will come, it's understood that it's important and until then there are workarounds for most things that won't kill anybody, even if they may be slightly inconvenient. I actually learned some interesting things in the process.

You can either enjoy the ride and help with making it really great or use something else until it's there (I do that too for the areas that are missing).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Ogopogo wrote:^He said hardware is better than plugs, and in part of the video that I didn't transcribe he was talking about how the oscs for his modular cost 4k. There's at least 100,000 worth of equipment in his studio, maybe 2. So he's not really coming from the "Stop whining about gear and just make music" camp.
Ah I see. Sounds like he was just having a bad day.

Not sure about windows audio recording latency compensation, but I’m using Ubuntu Linux, jack audio server and Bitwig. I haven't felt no latency that would be troubling the workflow. Maybe it's Windows audio driver issue? Sorry if my post is a shot in a dark, but that's my experience.

Deluxo wrote:...Maybe it's Windows audio driver issue?

Nope.

The lower your roundtrip latency, the less you're going to notice the problem.

On a separate note: Buffer size does not equal roundtrip latency. Around half of the latency in my system is caused by the audio interfaces, not the DAWs buffers. Buffer size is a very rough indicator of system latency.

Bitwig should be displaying Input Latency, Output Latency and Roundtrip Latency.

It should also have a Recording Delay (Driver Error Compensation) - until this happens I won't be buying or recommending Bitwig. It's fundamental to any pro DAW.
Logic X, El Cap 10.11.3, Mini i7, Live, Reaper, Bitwig (demo)

Clicks at +100 samples: 44.1k / 48k (wav)

dunno if ya speaking about THIS video i saw where he was speaking to kids/fans/LOVERS1.........

there nothing special in that pictures...

LOL, He JUST LYING TO "i dunno" FELOwers !!!!

->

maybe i'm stupid, but i can recognize a beatifull liar !!

and YE ! bitwig got no latency, even on hardwaren whatever soundcard u use for ins nor outs.

feel to me...

(edit: just like it's already said 11110x ... there no switch monitors/records on track settings...)

can't hear nothing better !

PS: im french... JOEL is A GOOD NICe MAN !
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Maybe they should listen to what senseless crap they produce.

I have seen this video before. This was about the only thing negative he said about it (pre PDC)

He has actually recommended Bitwig a few times on twitter/twitch.

http://instagram.com/p/y3Nd0Mux47/?modal=true

Also looks like he changed his tune about VST's because as you can see, Serum is at the end of that FX chain. Either that or he is just helping promote xfer software.

She Changed Her Mind wrote:Maybe they should listen to what senseless crap they produce.
this is a "objective" video we can see.

bitwig/live/other daws working together etc...

plugs/hardware écomparaison"..

->

i like this tune from "Daedmau5" -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TYi3FOMlU

(fù**kin worked)...

he almost done some 2-3 nice, even i can't like all ofc. :))))))))))))
night life...

at this point, i think he just need some linux love..
night life...

Return to “Bitwig”