64 Bit Versions of Virsyn Tera and Cube?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cube TERA

aMUSEd wrote:
Sequent wrote:It was two separate emails but it looks like the password is the same in both cases if that is of any help.
It could be but so far just changing the cube.dmg to tera.dmg or tera3.dmg in the download path isn't enough so mabye I need to try some other variations? What would be better is if they just created a full user area rather than giving these direct links.
Try TERA.dmg. Maybe that works?

Thanks - it does, I didn't expect caps to make a difference

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks - it does, I didn't expect caps to make a difference
Glad to help! . :)

And yes, in URL's it does make a difference sometimes.

Damn. Just downloaded the demo and... usb licenser only? Crap, Tera wasn't that way, why would they have different copy protection for different synths. Oh well, don't get to try. I guess that's why I never tried it before.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Damn. Just downloaded the demo and... usb licenser only? Crap, Tera wasn't that way, why would they have different copy protection for different synths. Oh well, don't get to try. I guess that's why I never tried it before.
Ah yes, I think this is a historical thing, everything they brought out more recently than Cube and Tera is e:licensor, Poseidon and fx.

Sorry to be lazy, but I haven't done the demo thing yet. What is the "usb licenser" exactly? Do you mean it requires a physical USB dongle? That'd suck. I'm on a laptop, and my USB ports are very limited, plus I really don't want to pay for the privilege.

Am I understanding right that only Tera doesn't need one, the others do?

I've been very interested in all these synths for a very long time, the current sale is an amazing opportunity. I'd hate it if licensing turned out to be such a barrier.

All the Virsyn stuff uses eLicenser. It's a USB dongle.

EDIT: Apparently not all. D'oh.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gamma-UT wrote:All the Virsyn stuff uses eLicenser. It's a USB dongle.
According to their webiste not all, Cube and Tera 3 doesn't. Though I guess there's no guarantee it'll stay that way. :neutral:

V-GER wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:All the Virsyn stuff uses eLicenser. It's a USB dongle.
According to their webiste not all, Cube and Tera 3 doesn't. Though I guess there's no guarantee it'll stay that way. :neutral:
I'd suggest checking with Virsyn. I have a Cube licence sitting on my eLicenser and there were complaints up-thread about Tera 3 needing one.

Seems we're getting different feedback from different people. All I can speak for is my own experience. Tera3 does not need anything. Cube needs you to enter a registration number (e.g. serial) upon first start. Cantor requires an e-Licenser. I can definitely confirm my experience of Cube and Tera3 as I just now finished installing the latest updates.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:Seems we're getting different feedback from different people. All I can speak for is my own experience. Tera3 does not need anything. Cube needs you to enter a registration number (e.g. serial) upon first start. Cantor requires an e-Licenser. I can definitely confirm my experience of Cube and Tera3 as I just now finished installing the latest updates.
That's interesting. Consider me corrected.

tera and cube need a registration number, poseidon needs the e-licenser (cantor too, but this does not excist a 64 bit version yet).
cheers

Just to nail it down for real, this is the (quite quick) reply I got when I asked VirSyn about this:
For TERA and CUBE you don’t need a dongle, it’s serial number based.
For POSEIDON you will need an eLicenser USB dongle ( aka Steinberg Key )

In any case you can install and use them on both your laptop and your desktop.

Do you guys think that Alchemy overlaps significantly with Cube 2.2?

The current sale that Virsyn is running is very attractive. I have the iPad versions for Tera and Cube and I think they are rather excellent.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

You know, it's probably just me, but I've been interested in all those instruments for a long time, and this sale totally kicks it, but when I listened to demos they just didn't grab me, any of them. On paper they're awesome, but at least for now I've decided to pass, surprisingly.

Return to “Instruments”