Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, I see it now. That one was weird! :D Happens only in Zebra, not Zebrify?

In both, unfortunately.

Got it.

BTW, you forgot to change the Comb mod knobs in Zebrify too ;)

Because I'm stupid.

New update:

Zebra.Redux.2014.0830.0049.zip

Changes
- Zebrify: fixed colors for mod knobs in Comb1 and Comb2 modules

Question! Do you think it is possible to re-order the main tabs from:

XY SYNTH LIB OSCs MSEGs

to:

XY SYNTH OSCs MSEGs LIB

It kinda makes more sense, no? :oops:

Also, we don't have an info pane for the presets, can't that fit somewhere on the LIB tab?

It is possible and rather easy to do. There's a chance for a bug though, if Zebra stores the selected tab number (0 - Perform, 1 - Synthesis, 2 - Patches) somewhere, and the order of the tabs is hardcoded or is limited to a range from 0 to 2. If so, Zebra may recall such value later and will find out that the Patches tab is now at number 4 (0 - XY, 1 - SYNTH, 2 - OSCs, 3 - MSEGs, 4 - LIB). And this is out of the range. This may cause an error. In theory, this situation is possible because we have 'save current as default' option in context menu for Top Panel tabs. So Zebra does store the selected tab number somewhere. Plus, there's one line in Zebra2.txt:

Code: Select all

PARAMETER control='Top Panel' port='LayerMem' module='ZMas' parameter='Pn0'
See that Pn0? This is the variable that holds selected tab number. But I've no idea how it works and where Zebra recalls the stored value from. Because Pn0 variable is not stored with presets. And honestly, it doesn't seem to work at all :) May be it's the DAW that should keep it. I don't know.

But we can try and see if it works :)
EvilDragon wrote:XY SYNTH OSCs MSEGs LIB

It kinda makes more sense, no? :oops:
Yeah. Personally, I was thinking about changing the order to SYNTH, XY, OSCs, MSEGs, LIB, because I don't like that each new instance of Zebra opens up with XY tab as default.
EvilDragon wrote:Also, we don't have an info pane for the presets, can't that fit somewhere on the LIB tab?
This can be done. My idea was that I don't need it, because as a sound designer I have all the info in the 'save preset' dialog window and other users won't use Zebra Redux anyway :)

Zebra stores the tab saved as default in /Support/com.u-he.Zebra2.UIprefs.txt.

I'm both a sound designer (just don't have much time for it!) and a user, and I think I'll continue using your skin as default, I find it THAT good!

drzhnn wrote:This can be done. My idea was that I don't need it, because as a sound designer I have all the info in the 'save preset' dialog window and other users won't use Zebra Redux anyway :)
Don't be too sure of that ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thanks guys :) I'll see what I can do about the info pane :)

And here's a new update:

Zebra.Redux.2014.0830.2252.zip

Changes
- changed the order of Top Panel tabs. Now it is: SYNTH, XYs, OSCs, MSEGs, LIB
- new Zebra instances will start with SYNTH tab open by default

Also forgot to tell you that I noticed the "Loop" knobs in MSEGs on SYNTH tab are still off by 1 px vertically (should be 29.0, they are 28.0 now). Thought you have fixed that already? :)

Can't see the difference in ordering of tabs here. Hm! :/

Sorry guys, I screwed up again. Last time I somehow uploaded a previous version :dog:

Here's a new one:

Zebra.Redux.2014.0831.0051.zip

Changes
- changed the order of Top Panel tabs. Now it is: SYNTH, XYs, OSCs, MSEGs, LIB
- new Zebra instances will start with SYNTH tab open by default
- MSEG: fixed labels position for Velocity and Loop knobs

Thanks again ! :)

Hey guys,

I'm working on a new update and I'd love to hear your opinion on a couple of issues before I made something wrong.

1) I've just added the requested "highlight selected module in a rack" feature and it turns out to be closely related to another feature, which however was previously described as a bug (though it is in the original Zebra skin). When you are in LIB tab and you select a module in the Grid, Zebra will switch to SYNTH tab. These two features are linked and I can't add one without adding the other. Personally, I don't like any of these, but if you find them useful, I'll keep them. So, I need to know what you think.

2) The Info Pane. I've no idea where to place it. Info pane has a specific nature, its window will resize automatically to fit the available patch information. So, I can't put this pane in the bottom of the preset list of the LIB tab, because it will either take too much space or (if I make it compact) occasionally will go out of view (well, some part of it). So, I'm open for your suggestions. Do we really need it?

3) The EXTRA tab. Initially, I wanted to place some useful sound design related information there. Like excerpts from the user manual, FM ratio/pitch tables, formant frequencies, prime numbers, distance to Mars... you know, all the useful stuff. Any ideas for this one? Because there's a lot of free space :)

1) Do it, highlighting selected module is immensely helpful, I think. I never use "auto scroll to top" option for the currently selected module since I find it quite confusing.

2 and 3) Scratch the EXTRA tab, rename that button to INFO!

Return to “u-he”