VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robertszalapski wrote:
Kazrog wrote:
In any case, no one has abused that,
Besides me, you mean. :D

But I'd known I wanted recabinet for a while, I was just waiting for a sale.
Yeah... Just saw that...

This goes with the philosophy of special priveleges for uncovering bugs - this applies to the website as well. Congratulations and thanks for your support!! :party:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Hi Shane,

Current Recabinet3 owner here. Thanks for putting out a great product and for responding here. Two questions.

1) Will Recabinet be expandable to buy future amps as well or is just the Thermionik standalone expandable?
2) Would you consider modeling a Rivera head maybe down the line? I love the knucklehead/k tre and there is nothing like this in vst land. I'm sure you already have in mind amps you would like to model whether it be by preference or what can be accessed but figured I'd ask anyways.

AC222 wrote: 1) Will Recabinet be expandable to buy future amps as well or is just the Thermionik standalone expandable?
Well, there really isn't a "standalone" version of Thermionik in the sense of just amps, no cabs. There will be a standalone Recabinet 4 app (of which Thermionik is an integrated part) in addition to the plugin versions, but it makes no sense to separate the two halves of Recabinet 4 into individual products. So, as a totality, it is expandable.
AC222 wrote:2) Would you consider modeling a Rivera head maybe down the line? I love the knucklehead/k tre and there is nothing like this in vst land. I'm sure you already have in mind amps you would like to model whether it be by preference or what can be accessed but figured I'd ask anyways.
Absolutely, in fact, the Knucklehead is already on my list of 30+ amps (and counting) that I plan to add in model packs. My proximity to Los Angeles, and my various connections make many things possible (and nothing impossible that I know of.)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Looks like an interesting product, though I will be more convinced when the vintage/boutique models are announced. What is the licensing model that you use for this? Hopefully not CR and just a serial or keyfile.

zendorf wrote:Looks like an interesting product, though I will be more convinced when the vintage/boutique models are announced. What is the licensing model that you use for this? Hopefully not CR and just a serial or keyfile.
It was a keyfile in version 3 but now it will be based on web login (with offline mode fully supported of course.) What I've found is that even a keyfile system punishes paying users, and that the cracker community always finds a way around it, so it's time to shift gears.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

hibidy wrote:http://www.recabi.net

Ah, another amp sim to a/b over soonish :hihi:
I'm starting to worry about you son! :lol:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote:
hibidy wrote:http://www.recabi.net

Ah, another amp sim to a/b over soonish :hihi:
I'm starting to worry about you son! :lol:
Always searching for that tone, if I had real money to play with I'd have a bunch of real amps and do the same thing :D

Recabinet 3 user here. Looking forward to V4. Shane, have you ever considered modelling a little Pignose? I think nobody has ever done it. It might be useful, fun, and unusual for your collection.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:Recabinet 3 user here. Looking forward to V4. Shane, have you ever considered modelling a little Pignose? I think nobody has ever done it. It might be useful, fun, and unusual for your collection.
Never thought about it. I'd want to track down a vintage USA Pignose, though, I've heard they sound a lot better than the new Chinese ones.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Kazrog wrote:
zendorf wrote:Looks like an interesting product, though I will be more convinced when the vintage/boutique models are announced. What is the licensing model that you use for this? Hopefully not CR and just a serial or keyfile.
It was a keyfile in version 3 but now it will be based on web login (with offline mode fully supported of course.) What I've found is that even a keyfile system punishes paying users, and that the cracker community always finds a way around it, so it's time to shift gears.
I think you have that backwards! How can a keyfile system punish paying users? I refuse to buy plugins that use a CR or web activation system, as these are the systems that actually do punish the paying customer in many ways. I won't be buying your plugin, but good luck with it anyway :)

zendorf wrote:
Kazrog wrote:
I think you have that backwards! How can a keyfile system punish paying users? I refuse to buy plugins that use a CR or web activation system, as these are the systems that actually do punish the paying customer in many ways. I won't be buying your plugin, but good luck with it anyway :)
I'm saying, you'd log in to download the plugin. That's it. No activation at all. People lose their keyfiles all the time and then end up in a studio situation with the plugin but not the keyfile, and no Internet connectivity. The only customer support issues I've ever had in the whole time Recabinet has been around are related to the keyfile system. It's an annoyance and doesn't seem to stop the crackers, who always seem to crack the latest version within 24 hours or less every time.

I trust my users and I'm over it. Dongles, keyfiles, CR, or almost any other form of copy protection are inherently anti consumer.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Sorry, I misread your comment! I look forward to trying it out when it is released :) Any hints on what some of the vintage amps will be based on?

zendorf wrote:Sorry, I misread your comment! I look forward to trying it out when it is released :) Any hints on what some of the vintage amps will be based on?
Some well known, some more obscure, all awesome, including amp models made famous by Jimmy Page and George Harrison, among others.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Kazrog wrote:
zendorf wrote:
Kazrog wrote:
I'm saying, you'd log in to download the plugin. That's it. No activation at all. People lose their keyfiles all the time and then end up in a studio situation with the plugin but not the keyfile, and no Internet connectivity. The only customer support issues I've ever had in the whole time Recabinet has been around are related to the keyfile system. It's an annoyance and doesn't seem to stop the crackers, who always seem to crack the latest version within 24 hours or less every time.

I trust my users and I'm over it. Dongles, keyfiles, CR, or almost any other form of copy protection are inherently anti consumer.
I really don't need more amps or cab emus (Ampli 3 full + addons, GRPro5, and all the other top stuff freeware ie. LePou and ABG free heads... and a Mesa/Boogie Rev2 Dual Rec + 4x12 A cab). However, I have a mind to buy this upgrade simply out of principle.
Eternitysound VST Banks

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Effects”