Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Looks like KVR really has evolved into a pissing contest as of late.

"MOM?! Somebody said something bad about my beloved plugin! He knows jack! He's using cheap/crap gear! He's no pro!!!"

At least I didn't blow below the waistline with insisting that people only create crap mixes if they use "crap gear". Something I NEVER EVER said in the slightest bit, which is now twisted and turned as if I did.

Triple thumbs up. Good job, people.

A lot of you people seem to actually be happy with this "catch up" update for 50-99USD (depending on your "share links" ratio). I am happy with my gear, or the gear I have access to at client rigs. Not to mention that I will be happy with the gear I will get - because I took the time to compare them.

And you know what? I get the job done with either tool - people thank me for it, book me again or bug me with a sh*tload of questions since they are happy that I can brush up their knowledge holes.

And this is all that counts to me.

Hate all the way you want - insist that you have the upper hand. Bark up your own trees. Yes, especially you "low post count" people.

And instead of dissecting threads by others, maybe try tools for yourself for a change - spend some more than just 5 minutes of fame on the internet, find the nuances, what's really important, maybe encounter the one or another bug in the process and try to get it fixed. If you then still think that certain people talk out of their rear ends... get in touch with them through PM and get it sorted - face to face, not hiding behind aliases in an open section.

Or act like the usual rear end and get in touch with a mod to "cut off the mischief-maker" - which seems to be the easy way out as of late.

The only thing that is missing now, is cat pictures.
Guess my last hint wasn't obvious enough.

Have a nice weekend, people.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:At least I didn't blow below the waistline ...
But you did call this a cheap money grab by FabFilter ...
Compyfox wrote:Looks like a normal "we need further income" procedure to me.
... that's not very cool ;)
... space is the place ...

Hey Compy- it doesn't matter what they say. Do you even know these people? I don't. I've been plenty rude on forums, and I'll slip again one day, but it's really no fun. I'm not ragging on any of you people specifically, and my credibility could be slammed by this crowd in a heartbeat. Look at my post count. Not an album released yet (and there never will be). I get the points, I can relate all the way around. I think we should all take a step back, rate ProQ2, out of respect, or otherwise, for the developers, and not waste our present by being chapped. Fire up the computer and write a song. Man, we have some serious experience here between all the folks online. I could, and do learn a lot. You can mix with Jenson 6x9 car speakers laying on your desk, and I won't knock your cred. It doesn't matter.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

NM, I'll just leave this:

Let it rest...

Just bought it at a very good discounted price (well imo anyway). Am looking forward to putting it through its paces...on my behringer truths....
What?
Go on, say something....

:uhuhuh: :uhuhuh:

:-D
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

There's something seriously not-pro going on with his thought process. That's so sad!

This was the update I was waiting for, primarily for the piano roll and an analog phase mode. The natural phase mode certainly improves the top end when working at 44/48khz DAW sample rate.

Love how silky smooth and fast the analyser is, automation sounds very smooth even in linear phase mode this time which is great.

My favourite general workhorse eq just got a whole lot better, nice one Fabfilter.
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

What DRM does fabfilter use? Still contemplating ProMB, this looks nice too but I already have a ton of EQs (and don't use unusually high slopes)

Man, judging by the reactions here, are we talking about JeezQ ?... :lol:

U no like phunny hilter cat picture?

Me sad. :-(

Last edited by antithesist on Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

camsr wrote:What DRM does fabfilter use? Still contemplating ProMB, this looks nice too but I already have a ton of EQs (and don't use unusually high slopes)
It's just a serial number.

Gamma-UT wrote:
camsr wrote:What DRM does fabfilter use? Still contemplating ProMB, this looks nice too but I already have a ton of EQs (and don't use unusually high slopes)
It's just a serial number.
Not just that, but if you buy more plug-ins later on, you also get a serial which activates all your purchases at once. :clap: :hug:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

It's not a serial number but a long string of characters that you copy and paste into plugin when prompted. It kind of amounts to the same thing but it's different when you authorize one or all of them at the same time, so it's not a single, fixed string. :)

-Sam

And don't forget that your activation code is always accessible to you at your FabFilter's account.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Return to “Effects”