How do you mix and master with studio monitors if you live with people

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't have a room. I'm composing in my living room and I can easily disturb the people around me. So how?

You need monitor headphones ...

You need to set priorities. What is more important, family or music? So kick them out :hihi:

There is a plugin I read about called Flatmate. I believe it is in version 2.0. You put it on your mixbus and it prevents those around you from hearing anything at all. Just be sure to have them put their cell phones on vibrate or they will miss a lot of calls.

Get speakers that don't produce much low end, I use the Ion Desk Rockers. If it's being sold, you should be in a treated room anyways, so just have fun with it.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Give them money to go out with ;)

A bigger problem is when you want to sing and live with people :P

Negotiate an schedule so you have time to work on your music without disturbing them?
dedication to flying

Buy them beer and they'll let you carry on as loud as you'd like.

stay with deaf people.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Monitor headphones are the solution.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

turn the sub down or lowcut around 100hz until you can mix loud
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

fluffy_little_something wrote:You need to set priorities. What is more important, family or music? So kick them out :hihi:
:hihi:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the post...
No auto tune...

give the people around you some earplugs for free.

Or just wait till they can't hear anymore and don't remember who they and you are 8)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”