SquaredHeads Nora 1.4 - Phrase Arpeggiator + Harmonizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nora

Thanks, good to hear ( again)
:hihi:
so ok then, i will not try to provoke thread again ...
(this promise valid until version 2 released)
:D

It is no problem :)

You must understand I'm just one coder, and I'm doing all I can to give you a high quality product (Try move/resize notes in Nora vs the most of the current daws made for few people) and customer service. So I must carefully measure every feature I add to make happy all the people I can :tu:

I would like a way to load and save velocity sequences independent of the phrases. It would also be nice to have a 'random velocity offset' setting where the user can specify an amount and then when each velocity is played, it is offset by a random value between 0 and the user specified amount.

squaredheads wrote:You must understand I'm just one coder, and I'm doing all I can to give you a high quality product
And you're doing an awesome job! :tu:

^^ +1 without doubt

Thanks! I'll try to implement as much FR request as I can for 2.0, I've read all of them, including OSX version. If I cannot, they will be for a future version. So I'm going to focus on the work right now.

Have a nice day! :harp:

This plugin is really wonderful! I searched a long time for an arpeggiator with many steps for variation and now I found one, THANK YOU!

The midi key mapper is nice for basic progressions, too, but there is on thing I don't understand. How can I create variations of the chords with the same keynote and with inversions in the same progression, too?

For example:

C - Am/C - Cmaj7 - C

At the moment I connected another chord memory plugin to Nora and there I programmed different chord variations on every single note. So:

- if I play the key C on octave 1, it plays the chord C = C E G C
- if I play the key C on octave 2, it plays the chord Am/C = C E A C
- if I play the key C on octave 3, it plays the chord Cmaj7 = C E G B

- if I play the key D on octave 1, it plays the chord Dm = D F A D
- if I play the key D on octave 2, it plays the chord Bdim/D = D F B D
- if I play the key D on octave 3, it plays the chord Dm7 = D F A C

So every octave has its own harmonic chord family for the scale C Major for example and with the same pitch level:

- octave 1 has the main chords: C - Dm - Em - F - G - Am - Bdim
- octave 2 has the first inversions: Am/C - Bdim/D - C/E - Dm/F - Em/G - F/A - G/B
- octave 3 has the main chords with 7: Cmaj7 - Dm7 - Em7 - Fmaj7 - G7 - Am7 - Dm6/B

and I created more chord families, too, for Inversions 2, add2, add9 and inversions of them again ...

That works but it would be great if Nora could have a chord memory for 88 chords for every single note, too! Because in FL Studio for example I have to switch constantly between that both plugins.

It's just an idea but this could be an nice enhancement for that great plugin, too?

I understand you. Originally, when I wrote the MIDI Key Mapped it had a feature to switch between different "shifts" that could have different setups for each input note. However I removed it before the final release, because it was a bit confusing and they cannot be more than few shifts (7-8).

I think Nora 2.0 will solve this problem giving new dimensions and improvements to both tools. If it doesn't, you can tell me again to propose new solutions.

OK, that's great!

Perhaps an "easy" way could be if the available rows for the notes in the arpeggiator area would enhance to 7 or more rows? Because it's still possible to program the whole scale and its modes in the midi key mapper like that:

- - - - - - - - - B C D E F G A
- - - - - - - - A B C D E F G
- - - - - - -G A B C D E F
- - - - - F G A B C D E
- - - - E F G A B C D
- - -D E F G A B C
- C D E F G A B

and in the arpeggiator area with more rows than it could be possible to create different distances between the notes over the whole scale with chords with the same keynote ... ?

Nora is really amazing !!

I never liked the "easy" ways, but the "perfect" ways ;)

I'll think about it

That's the right spirit! :tu:

ETA for v. 2?

If I would have to estimate a time, it would be from six to eight weeks. Meanwhile, do awesome music with Nora 1.4 and email me presets :P

Return to “Instruments”