One-Synth-Challenge #66: ODsay by Elektrostudio (Keith303 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

These tunes are seriously awesome. Blown away by the sound design I am hearing this month. I think people are pushing this synth to it's maximum.

Threw this tune together, and as usual, I didn't allot enough time to actually arrange all the sounds I had been fooling around with. So, this one's a bit rough! Hope you enjoy nonetheless.

Used Reaper as my daw, 21 instances of ODSay. For reaper effects, I used reaeq, reacomp, readelay, chanmix2, reagate. On master: densitymkIII, Mlimiter, Gclip, SSL X-ISM.
Throughout tracks, used TDR Feedback Compressor, DC1A, FerricTDS, MEqualizer, ModernLostAngel, BootEqMkII, Rough Rider, chanmix2, taldubdelay, reverberate LE, and baxter eq.

Yeah, i think i use too many fx lol.

https://soundcloud.com/tom-lovehead/rep ... ing-desire

Have a nice day. It's my second track for the OSC. I look at the other tracks and see that almost all people use more than 30 instances of synth. On the other hand I use less than 20. Ok... It was just a lyrical digression. I present my track New Life. Just listen to it and I hope you will enjoy it:
https://soundcloud.com/wise-idiot/vitalker-new-life

DAW - Reaper 4.721
10x ODsay
1x JS: Anomaly/Bassprofessor
1x JS: Anomaly/VOLA
1x BitterSweet v3
2x EasyQ
1x EngineersFilter
1x JS: Filters/applefilter72db_xover
1x IX/Mixer_8xS-1xS
2x JS: Liteon/applefilter12db
1x JS: Liteon/applefilter72db
1x JS: LOSER/Exciter
3x LoudMax
2x mda RoundPan
1xNova67P
1x Parametri-Q Lite
1x ReaComp
1x ReaDelay
1x ReaXcomp
1x Reverberate LE
1x Voxengo Boogex VST
1x JS: witti/distortion_2
1x JS: witti/limiter

https://soundcloud.com/bjporter/bzur-bj ... stereo-out

Collaboration Info:

Credits: Main theme and setting by Bzur, arranged by Bjporter. Congas arranged and patches modified / layered by Bjporter - the rest of the percussion is programmed and designed done by Bzur with minor mixing tweaks by bjporter. Vocal Chorus and Ambient bass sounds in the intro and outro by Bjporter - arranged by both Bjporter and Bzur. Solo by Bzur - based on solo started by Bjporter but fit better in the theme. Picture by Bjporter. Title by Bjporter.

How it worked: The collab started out with bzur creating the main theme, and setting of the piece. Bjporter got a bit overwhelmed by the virtuosity of Bzur… and took a while to get something back to him, but managed to come up with an arrangement that added a flair of drama, mystique and tribal depth. Bzur then fine tuned this to fit better in the theme, removing complexity, redundancy, and adding looser rhythm and organic, hand crafted notes. Bjporter took the final mix and made minor tweaks, and error corrections, image, descriptions, and uploading.

Instances: 48
Daw: Cubase 6 & 6.5
Plugins:
Tal Reverb III, Dub 2
Voxengo Span
George Yohng W1 Limiter
SmartElectronix Ambience
Cubase Compressor, Channel EQ, Ping Pong, Studio EQ, Limiter, GEQ-10, Maximizer

Very close again but I think we officially made it 8)

Our track for the OSC 66 a collaboration between myself and J. Ruegg.

https://soundcloud.com/hehirman/h-man-a ... brain-hakt

DAWS: Renoise 3.0 and Podium 3.2.4

Synth: ODsay by Elektrostudio (50+ instances ....still counting)

FX used:

Renoise internal DSP FX (Verbs, EQ and Dynamics and a little bit of distortion)

OldSchoolReverb
Ambience
TAL DUB 1 and 2

SplineEQ Free
MotoQ
Luftikus
BassPlus by Wok

Limiter No6
Lookahead Limiter
Molot
TDR Feedback Compressor II
Nightshine
RoughRider
Transient
Last edited by H-man on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

How much more time?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:How much more time?
About time to wrap up if you can :) Let me know if you have any problems

Streaming to wave file now, takes 15 minutes in Orion with so many instances and effects!!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Streaming to wave file now, takes 15 minutes in Orion with so many instances and effects!!
Cool! :tu:

Just wanted to remind everyone to follow the proper file naming format for their Soundcloud song titles as there are a few people who forgot about this.
File name format: Artist - Track Title where artist name is the same as KVR nick. For collaborations, just put both names as artist name, for example Artist1 + Artist2 - Track Title. If the collaborator is not a KVR member, put the KVR member's name first, like this KVR Name + Collaborator name - Track Title.
I don't think it will be reason for a DQ but hey, better to warn people now than later.

and also make file downloadable!

ballacr75 wrote:and also make file downloadable!
Now, that makes me wonder. Is this naming convention for the downloadable file from Soundcloud or just for the track name of the song on Soundcloud? Can anyone clarify?

SirKen wrote:
Now, that makes me wonder. Is this naming convention for the downloadable file from Soundcloud or just for the track name of the song on Soundcloud? Can anyone clarify?
For the downloadable file, so we can know who made the track when listening.
This was more obvious time ago, before the new voting website. It was a pain in the arse to check who made the track running out of time, specially with +40 downloaded files. And no only one track, there were a few, usually.
The title in Soundcloud is not so important, imo.

Have a nice day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:
SirKen wrote:
For the downloadable file, so we can know who made the track when listening.
This was more obvious time ago, before the new voting website. It was a pain in the arse to check who made the track running out of time, specially with +40 downloaded files. And no only one track, there were a few, usually.
The title in Soundcloud is not so important, imo.

Have a nice day :)
I always assumed it was for Soundcloud only, for those instances where the username on Soundcloud is not the same as KVR user name.

According to what you told me my song's file name isn't in the right format (Seems I am not the only one). Should I download, rename and upload again? Could one of the organizers please comment on this?

Can't believe I have do a Collab. My english isn't so good, so It was a bit difficult to make me understand, but we have finished our entry, was a great experience :). Thank you H-Man, for everything!.

Good luck to everyone!

Return to “Instruments”