September Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahsip.
No longer a moderator.

JUST IN BELIEVE IT OR NOT (preferably not)
BULLETIN ::: This Month's Gaaaaaaaaaaahsip

A certain super-dooper-snooper of a rock star that goes by the pseudonym Miltz, has been seen posting on Music Cafe in the KVR forums. Rumor and gossip columns are silent about this top secret until now. :scared: but no longer with this revelation according to peppy197, whose first name is JOHN !!! :pray: , yes, yet another Canadian "artrist"

:o
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

Obviously psychedelic is a recent term however there seems to be quite a lot of stuff around that predates the psychedelic era and would undoubtlessly qualify :

Hieronymus Bosch paintings for example
Gaudi 's architecture
Lewis Caroll's Alice
In a minute or two the Caterpillar took the hookah out of its mouth, and yawned once or twice, and shook itself. Then it got down off the mushroom, and crawled away into the grass, merely remarking, as it went, “One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter.”

I can't help attaching the link to the genuinely psychedelic video of Carroll's inspired "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.
The absolute naughtiness of Grace Slick's smile compounded with her youthful healthy looks always made me crack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

I really like the ( true ?) story about Grace Slick's plan to spike Nixon's drink with LSD as she had been inadvertently invited to a White House party.

What do you associate with psychedelia ?

Set phasers (and flangers) to kill
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Aziraphal wrote:Set phasers (and flangers) to kill
So you will participate this month? We're scared shitless! :cry:

So you will participate this month? We're scared shitless! :cry:
Hahaha cut that out. I promise to suck like the last time (and the time before that ... and before.. .. ) :D
If I make it at all, my inspiration is at an all time low.
It's my kiddy's fault, he got me addicted to Minecraft.

Aziraphal wrote:Set phasers (and flangers) to kill

That's the one! Now beam us down!

Hmmmm.... Just... Hmmmmm.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Hey everyone,

Found out about this contest recently. Planning to submit an entry myself. Would experimental stuff like noise music qualify?

^Possibly. It'll be up to the voters, so you're welcome to give it a go.
No longer a moderator.

This isn't really gossip, but more of an inquiry....has anyone heard anything from Evo2slo? I've noticed a lack of his presence in the contest. Just curious.
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

SirKen wrote:Found out about this contest recently. Planning to submit an entry myself. Would experimental stuff like noise music qualify?
Ken, everyone here is very welcoming of new entrants & fresh ideas

regarding the question of noise music as psychedelic - I'd like to quote Lennon, "number nine . . . number nine . . . number nine . . . "

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Vulcandj wrote:This isn't really gossip, but more of an inquiry....has anyone heard anything from Evo2slo? I've noticed a lack of his presence in the contest. Just curious.
Unfortunately no. We miss him and his music .

Should get an entry in this month :)
Big fan of the stuff that came out on the Deram label around '66-'68 (Tintern Abbey, anyone?)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deram_Records
http://youtu.be/LTKXXbSZY4M

3 cheers for Al Hofman's bicycle ride :party:

Return to “Music Cafe”