how to think about additive reverb?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed razor does additive reverb. Now the reflections will create phase modulations due to phase shift from combining out of phase sine waves at the same frequency.

I can think of a few ways of achieving that such as mild FM with a slightly detuned oscillator, .. but I'd imagine they do something more sophisticated to control the phase.

avasopht wrote:I noticed razor does additive reverb. Now the reflections will create phase modulations due to phase shift from combining out of phase sine waves at the same frequency.

I can think of a few ways of achieving that such as mild FM with a slightly detuned oscillator, .. but I'd imagine they do something more sophisticated to control the phase.
I have no idea what razor does exactly .. but with additive you could even create a "linear phase" reverb, just by adding a separate decay and then random amplitude modulation to each on of the partials. If you actually want to vary the phase, you can do that directly too, by mixing the quadrature signals in various amounts (which will then result in some slight FM as the phase varies).

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”