One-Synth-Challenge #67: Digits by Extent of the Jam (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voting Over!
< Listen to the tracks here >

Welcome to the 67th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Introducing Digits by Extent of the Jam A crazy phase distortion synth with some fun original knobs to play with. Looks basic, but is actually very powerful and simple to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUTaCI_hs8

and interview of the Dev:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4kZZGqsgg

Extra Info:
Make sure your track is in accordance with the rules and named properly, then upload or share your track to our current SoundCloud group and write a post in this thread announcing your entry including a list of what you used to make it such as DAW/host, which effects, and how many instances of the synth and effects.
Challenge Page

Download:
Digits by Extent of the Jam

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

JRR Shop : 1 plugin choice of either UVI: Mello, or Digital Synsations; Sonivox: Pulse, Vocalizer, Wobble or Twist

Solidtrax Donation: Sknote Roundtable & Sknote Rev250 :

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster Factory

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 4000, Wusik 7, and Wusik EVE

Balance Mastering : One song of your choosing professionally mastered

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either DIVA, Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : The Serpent, a sound library for NI Massive

Ghostwave Audio : 2 Soundsets of choice

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by bjporter on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 11 times in total.

First of all, thanks for bringing this synth to my attention. Been playing with it and it is exceptional! :o And yes, it has no filters :hyper:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:First of all, thanks for bringing this synth to my attention. Been playing with it and it is exceptional! :o And yes, it has no filters :hyper:
Hehe :) Pretty exciting to have a phase distortion synth! It's got some kind of filtering in the ShpEnv section i think

I didn't find much percussion, so here's a few basic Kick patches I made

OK I'm in. Hopefully a bit more time for it this month now the album thing is almost out of the way....
Interesting synth, this was not even on my radar. Looks like better CPU than the last one. And thanks BJP - gonna check out those kicks now :)

:lol: Seems we both created some kicks to share :D I added some also for a starting off point for others if they want :hihi:
DigitsVST Trance Kick Presets.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Hi, checked out both sets...
Mysticvibes - great start - 4, 9 and 10 put together seem pretty good :)
BJPorter - yours are fxb not fxp, and synth does not load them properly, sorry.
Last edited by RichardSemper on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks! I also made some pretty neat hats, snares and other anomalies if interested.

TTU Youtube

Don't think anyone need it but just in case, here is a basic intro to Phase Distortion Synthesis with images.

@bjporter: where do you find these obscure synths? Digits seems likely to bring my techno house of hip dreams to life! And as an aside, one of my few hardware synths is a tiny little Casio rompler; a surprisingly fun instrument actually. @SirKen: I needed that intro; cheers!

psmacmur wrote:@bjporter: where do you find these obscure synths? Digits seems likely to bring my techno house of hip dreams to life! And as an aside, one of my few hardware synths is a tiny little Casio rompler; a surprisingly fun instrument actually. @SirKen: I needed that intro; cheers!
Vger found this synth - not sure how! :)

SirKen wrote:Don't think anyone need it but just in case, here is a basic intro to Phase Distortion Synthesis with images.
Beautiful :tu: I might need it

RichardSemper wrote:Hi, checked out both sets...
Mysticvibes - great start - 4, 9 and 10 put together seem pretty good :)
BJPorter - yours are fxb not fxp, and synth does not load them properly, sorry.
Ah gol darnit! It works ok in Cubase, but it's not the greatest.

I'll use another daw and create the FXPs - Cubase 6 sucks - Steinberg removed the ability to make FXP/FXB so had to use a .vstpreset -> FXP converter

mysticvibes wrote::lol: Seems we both created some kicks to share :D I added some also for a starting off point for others if they want :hihi:
DigitsVST Trance Kick Presets.rar
WOW :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Also thanks again as it looks like my fxb's are not as usable.

Never done phase distortion.....all I'm making are accordion patches?!?. Might take me a while to get my head around this. It rocks at accordion tho...:)

Return to “Instruments”