anyone interested in a microbong?

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thinking about how to do another month, i have no vst products that i really feel are worth introducing to the public at this time (i do have a simple effect vst but the gui needs to be done outside of synthedit) so i thought, how about a cut down version of bong, rework the gui in dark colours so people aren't annoyed by it and give it an appealing intro price for those who have yet to experience the glory of xoxos vst. course free to currently licensed bongers.

any thoughts, suggestions or requests as such? tia

ftr, people think i'm bitching, but i'm letting you know - two sales in the last 60 days, so the dc didn't do much to increase my renown. i still believe my products are quality and note strictly exploitive poop, so those placing their hopes on a future in vst development have some estimate of their success? (perhaps my politically weighted social presentation should be taken into account here.. perhaps not..)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

(viewership on this thread soon to reach 50, and not to be exceeded unless additional posts are made.. don't ask me, i'm saying what i know..)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Well, as a person who already has bong (and a bong) my opinion isn't probably worth anything, but what do you mean? Cut-down, why? What would you cut out? Elements from bong as separate plugins, that might be interesting (bass drum plugin, snare plugin, and so on). Ability to save wave files would be awesome I think, with a set number of velocity variations. XXL UI might be appealing to some.

Why not chillum, you know, extra raw and rugged, makes you cough your lungs out, yet still have layers of awe? Or the next level thing, the gravity bong, with a bowl made of a potato? And didn't you once mention the six foot version?

my monitor has gotten significantly smaller since i made bong, i can't use the rimshot because i have a 600 pixel y axis. so, there's something. but the main thing is taking another $30 from the unwitting by my next bank payment, so i figure a half-pint v. would retain some rudimentary level of ethics.

thinking kick hats clap and the 'fancier' snare alg. for those not challenged by minute monitors, it wouldn't have much appeal to new customers unless they are almost as impecunious as i. but there could be some kids out there with pocket money who might be addled into thinking my kick algorithm or whatever is actually worth owning. i ought to just go slitting throats door to door, at least i'd look my victims in the face. i'm sure any exposure will be "well managed" so people don't accidentally find out about it or anything.

i do have a crazy ambition to save another $150 to acquire a backup netbook in case anything happens to this one, and this is the best i've got going in terms of accomplishing that. but basically, since the day i bought a rifle last summer, my "managed income" has dropped from ~$80 a month to one or two licenses, in order to prevent me from acquiring more arms, i suppose.

/<o>\

i know this is only making me look more pathetic, but yesterday, in my routine exclusion from shelter, i lost 5% of my body weight due to exposure. i really couldn't give a f**k if anyone thinks i'm trying to milk for sympathy.

goddamn this society. goddamn people who can't suss the control mechanisms.

Well atleast you have a rifle so you don't have to entirely rely on roadkills.

Or just raise the price, isn't that the common tactic? If it's expensive, it must be valuable, isn't that the mantra today? Might not be ethical, but having a rifle is a bit dodgy too, unless your doing it for sport and 2nd amendment.

But aside from being dual-platform, 32/64bit and culturally indifferent, what do your 'competitors' do differently? Exhibit A, exhibit B; those are bass drum plugins going for 30 or 50 euros. Can you kidnap a freak who is freakier than you and put their name on the tin? You've been doing your thing about as long as VST-plugins have existed, is there some more positive way to get a little more publicity than hanging on KVR or going door-to-door slitting throats? You've probably spent endless sleepless nights trying to answer that, have you come up with some idea? The vector stuff does look very good, and looks is also important, even in this business.

Some of that was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but what do you mean you lost weight like that? You went to the shop and it was extra sweaty, or you're not really feeling too good?

Anyways, all the best, have courage, random Internet guy wishes you well.

oh.. since 2005 when i started raving like a loon about it on kvr i've been a "political target" (well, it's really a grudge by a wealthy family passed onto fusion centers and such as political targeting via the masons). that's why i went to oz with $90 and lived in a tent for a year, hoping i'd escape it :lol: lots of masons in oz.

i would never shoot anything uncivilised :)

in 2010 i returned to the u.s. thinking i had a safe place to hole up, but it was compromised so i spend time in the sonoran desert each week. it's several miles from where i plug in to where there is any shade. (i often put up shadecloth in an arroyo but there are lots of ants) i have a tough ass f**king life. go and check out the thread in the dc forum about craig mack. it probably won't look like much, but just maybe, just maybe, if you look at it and think and remember all the things that have happened here since 2005, like the time hovmod and hink and vurt et c. went round saying i'd threatened hovmod's children because i said mining was throwing away the future, maybe you'll see, i'm opposed. apparently i have permission to survive as long as it's miserable. maybe i'll be useful later, maybe i'm amusingly satisfying.

i remember, i started dating this girl. she drew me a picture of a guy chained to a wall with limbs hacked off. her friends warned me about her father. what did i know? i was a nice british boy.

for three years she used to call me a fake name so no one listening would know my name. that didn't save me, and it took me years to figure out that she was trying to protect me. what the f**k did i know.

she crashed her suv (it was like the 4th suv trashed while we were dating, tho admittedly her friend did trash one of them) and ten years to the day later, my studio was relocated to the house across the street when i went to buy groceries.

that was 19 years ago, chances are i have left than a year left to live.

Don't talk like that, that you got a year left still, you sound like the pope (he recently made a similar statement), and you can't go more masonite than that.

Instead of saving for a new netbook, could you go back to Britain? I'd reckon the masons are too busy over there with the Union and all.

But yea, for what it's worth. I've been following you (and I don't mean it like that) and so far my personal conclusion has been that either you're mad or you're genuinely been gang-stalked, and I'm more prone to think the latter, simply because you've been so adamant about it for so long. Stuff like that can happen. If you're just a regular mad-hatter, you would have changed the tune already. But you haven't changed your tune. Somewhere along the way some shit must have hit the fan big time. Still, I hope you understand how difficult it's for people to actually understand what that something is, this is a Internet forum after all, communication is bound to be incomplete.

And another opinion while I'm at it, you've probably read enough from me to know I'm an opinion-automat.. The DC, they should have had one more category there, there's instruments, effects, samples, utilities. You were the only one doing software as art. Or atleast that's how I viewed blewm. It doesn't comfort much, but you should feel special, you're doing something no one else is doing. Not that it puts more beans on your plate or anything.

I hope you still got plenty of years ahead of you (assuming you'd actually like that).

thank you for the honesty. expecting others to believe me would be ridiculous. as long as the information is not discarded i am useful to myself and others.

the sonoran desert is named for it's sonority. i've travelled more than enough.. around the world twice before i was two. masons.. have been recruiting the "blue" (suckers) lodge for a while. london, lol no.

london

i mean, to you, it's safe to eat and sleep places. i woke up in an lax parking lot with (no need to feed the trolls.. mentioned it many times)

Yea I suppose it wouldn't change much if you'd change places.

Also, don't forget, do remember; enjoy yourself. For years, you've given people joy. It might useful for someone to not discard what you say. But perhaps more often than being useful for that, you've given people joy. Some people might find you amusing, but I don't mean that. Your works, they let people express themselves and in this rat race world, you've given away your works practically free. And it can't be said of a lot of people, that this and that person, they ease others to express themselves creatively and to enjoy themselves through that. It can be said of you and for what it's worth, I think that's a worthy merit. It's more beneficial than simply just being 'useful'.

Now. Anyone reading have an opinion on the topic?

viewcount is probably the same half a dozen masons checking back after each of our posts..

so, here comes bon vst. :)

kicks snares (both) clap hats. the essentials for $13. stylish dark gui with the highlight panels to tell you where the main stuff is that i normally avoid doing. and i'd better make everything gleamy like they did radiograms in the 1950s, so polychromatic with some reds, to make people tired.

i realise it's a significant price drop from the current format everyone got stuck paying for already. apparently i'm supposed to suck offa you to be a success.

Just one more thing, .. still about those single drum units. How about ones that would work as effects? Whatever it is that the user has going on, drum trigger signals or their super expensive sampler/synthesizer thingumajig, big name studio drummer or just a instance of bong.. They could put a drum synthesizer in the channel's effect chain, and just dial in the amount of xoxos. Audio-triggered drum replacement kind of thing.

It would be quite a convenient way to layer sounds, I think. And there aren't many that do that thing, while there's plenty of choice in drum synthesizers. From the top of my head I can only think of Drumagog (expensive) and Signal to Noize's Snap Crackle & Pop (donationware). Bong's units would be very fitting for the purpose and having an idea of how you do things, you could add some serious twist to the concept.

I hope your recent sale has been succesfull, atleast so that you've gotten a bit extra on top of your morning toast. Atleast the title has made me chuckle every time I've spotted it, ..

Why not plain and simple inspired by a not so famous drum machine? Something like this?

Btw here is a track I am currently working on. Beat is 100% Bong & Starcym...as usual. Dangit Rurik. I party your stuff hard. Best drum synth on the planet. For sure. A shame people don´t get it...

https://soundcloud.com/watch-them-kraut/cai-tealer-telt
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Or something more urban...(those waveshapes are placeholders but are the actual modes you could choose from)...

Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Are those for real? Or just something you cooked up? How about desert and forest versions?

Now that I read xoxos' last message here again, maybe he is indeed working on those single plugs.. I thought he wasn't interested in the idea, but then, the ways of the xoxos are mysterious..

Return to “xoxos”