Overtone DSP releases RVB500 - Plate reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RVB500

Pardon the dumbass question but is this modeled on the EMT 140 or 250, loosely-inspired by EMT plates, or a complete original. Thanks.

AC

It's not a dumb question........it doesn't say :shrug:

Haha. Thanks, hibidy. I thought I was supposed to figure out what the 500 stands for.

I wonder how long the 19.50 is good for?

hibidy wrote:I wonder how long the 19.50 is good for?
"Introductory Offer 25% Off Normal Price Until October 2014"

I think the blurb for the $20 DYN4000 deal was "throughout August."

Different ways of saying the same sort of thing, I guess.

I'd expect the reverb to be on sale until the end of Sept.
AC222 wrote:Haha. Thanks, hibidy. I thought I was supposed to figure out what the 500 stands for.
I believe the vertical Overtone and Linux DSP are meant to look generally like API-style "500 series" hardware modules.
AC222 wrote:Pardon the dumbass question but is this modeled on the EMT 140 or 250, loosely-inspired by EMT plates, or a complete original. Thanks.

AC
"RVB500 algorithmically emulates a mechanical plate reverb... coupled with virtual reverb plate transducer amplifiers for enhanced harmonic drive at high levels..."

I think physical modeling was mentioned somewhere, but it seems kind of generic otherwise.

I bought the "mastering bundle" (Pultec and Fairchid) in July and the SSL4000 comp in Aug.

Three plug-ins for $40, so far.

I haven't decided about the reverb yet... sounds pretty good, but limited.

I think the main (only?) guy is Mike Start and if you all didn't know, there's an Overtone DSP forum her on KVR.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Oh...........I should have know to look. Thanks anti.

Ok, can you guys check something, can you take two guitars and then send them to the buss with the settings normal but wet on and width at 100%? I can't tell if there is something funny going on or not.

Could easily just be me.

Yeah, thanks anti!

Sounds like yet an original. By the way, I tried the Dyn4000 and thought it was quite nice sounding but can't figure out why no makeup gain? It must have some kind of auto makeup gain that is built into the plugin but I like being able to blast the makeup gain a bit more when I want to (even if it's fooling myself louder is better 8) )

AC222 wrote:Haha. Thanks, hibidy. I thought I was supposed to figure out what the 500 stands for.
The 500 stands for the lunchbox format/design of his plug-ins. :wink:

So, I did a TONE of testing on this last night and got myself caught up in that whole "well, it doesn't do this" bs. :lol: What I noticed. It's a little strange being on a bus with wet, almost phasy. I'm reading the manual now to see if 100% is different....it sure sounds different but I think that it's not 100% wet. I dunno.

Anyways, I saw this:

Also known as RT60 it is the time
taken for the reflections to decay by 60dB.

I have no idea what it means but maybe someone else will.

Ok, I got a crash in live. What I think it is is that I saved the project, then to check if it saved properly, the little demo thing came up and I didn't click on it in time........crash. I'll report it over at the other forum maybe? I hate to have two threads going on this stuff.

Either I have gas or there is something incredibly natural about this verb.

hibidy wrote:Either I have gas or there is something incredibly natural about this verb.
Maybe both! But it is a no-brainer, for sure. I had to put a HPF after it to clean up low-mid buildup, but after that I thought it sounded much better than a $20 plugin.

Not sure if it's just my quirky tastes, but it sounds more hall-like than plate-like to me. Very smooth. Kudos once again to OverTone for bringing us high quality at a price anyone can afford.

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

No, we're thinking on the same level because I too feel more comfy with a HP at the end. Something about it. A character reverb to be sure.

I put a HP before it. Why do you all think it's better after? Thanks!
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Return to “Effects”