Allomerus - Fly By The Villa

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fly by the Villa
John Wegner: Guitar, Bass and Synths.
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion.

A nod to one of our favourite bands.

https://soundcloud.com/a11omerus/fly-by-the-villa

Thanks to anyone who gives it a listen...
John
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

i was in a rockin mood when i did "pillar" and i'm still in a rockin mood and this helped me to rock even more! this was filled with so much variation, that it was like an entire album in one song! good job boys, enjoyed the ride. and the production sounded clean and tight on my cans! i just hit replay :)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Nice instrumental music.. interesting, variable composition and arrangement. Sounds good

It's a great track, with lots of contrasting moods and tempo changes. That riff at the beginning sounded more Hemispheres than Fly By Night, but it quickly developed into something else, and I loved the synths on here. There was a great section where the energy built leading into a frantic guitar solo, and I really liked the quiet section at the end.

Good work :)

There is enough material here for 3 different songs. The big tempo and mood shifts are daring. Somehow you pulled it off effortlessly. Great job guys!

layzer wrote:i was in a rockin mood when i did "pillar" and i'm still in a rockin mood and this helped me to rock even more! this was filled with so much variation, that it was like an entire album in one song! good job boys, enjoyed the ride. and the production sounded clean and tight on my cans! i just hit replay :)
Thanks Layzer! Hope it inspires you to rock out again. :)
Bandcamp

markkuja wrote:Nice instrumental music.. interesting, variable composition and arrangement. Sounds good
Thanks Mark! Wasn't sure if it was too varied... But then again. ;)
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote:It's a great track, with lots of contrasting moods and tempo changes. That riff at the beginning sounded more Hemispheres than Fly By Night, but it quickly developed into something else, and I loved the synths on here. There was a great section where the energy built leading into a frantic guitar solo, and I really liked the quiet section at the end.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim! The idea was originally to put something together on variations of Pacabel's Cannon chord progression. You might notice this at the end. But it ended up sounding like Rush. You are probably right about Hemispheres rather than Fly By Night but Hemisphere's By the Villa wouldn't sound right. ;-)
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote:There is enough material here for 3 different songs. The big tempo and mood shifts are daring. Somehow you pulled it off effortlessly. Great job guys!
Thanks Frantz! Wasn't really sure if the big changes worked, glad you enjoyed it! :)
Bandcamp

Nice one John! I didn't get much of a Rush vibe tbh, almost felt more punk in parts and the drums were nice and garage. Lovely twists and turns as usual, and the outro was a lovely surprise. 8)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Nice one John! I didn't get much of a Rush vibe tbh, almost felt more punk in parts and the drums were nice and garage. Lovely twists and turns as usual, and the outro was a lovely surprise. 8)
Hi Matt, thanks for your nice comments. It was an experiment in reusing the same chord sequence in different ways... :)
Bandcamp

that was a big pleasure to listen. several Musical ideas that lead into each other very organic. a very human and vivid breathing Music. the Sound Quality is excellent here on my krk rokit6's. did you record that at home (maybe in that White Villa? :hihi: ) or in a Studio?

cheers!

wolf

TrekStar wrote:that was a big pleasure to listen. several Musical ideas that lead into each other very organic. a very human and vivid breathing Music. the Sound Quality is excellent here on my krk rokit6's. did you record that at home (maybe in that White Villa? :hihi: ) or in a Studio?

cheers!

wolf
Hi wolf. Thanks for your nice comment. It was recorded at home using Logic and an Lexicon Omega. Rhythm Guitar and drums recorded together. Then the rest overdubs. Unfortunately I don't own a White Villa...

Are krk rokit6's good? Never used them myself.

Thanks for listening. :)
Bandcamp

As always John.....your tracks are very good :tu:

All the best
M.

Thanks M. :)
Appreciate the listen and comment...
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”