UVI Workstation

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
The UVI Programs were included in my Receptor when I updated my OS to 2.01.
I wanted to find out if the UVI download on their website is the equivalent of the one installed in the Receptor.
If it's different will I have any difficulty downloading from the UVI website?
Thanks Frank

Hi Frank,

The version of UVI Workstation installed with the 2.0.1 update and the version on the UVI website are actually quite a bit different. The folks at UVI had to make some major changes to the licensing of UVI workstation to get it ported over to our Receptor platform. As a result any version you get off the UVI website will fail to run once installed on Receptor, and may even damage the existing (working UVI) that's already installed on your Receptor. As a result I don't recommend you update it.

- Kevin@muse

Thanks Kevin. You saved me some money and a big headache
Frank

I would like to know if UVIWorkstation will work in Mixer Mode. The new Rack format does not work for me and so I stay with the Mixer Mode. UVI has the only drum sounds in all the bundled software but does no show up in the list of available instruments in ixer Mode.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Hey Frank,

UVI should show up in the list of plugins available to use in Mix/Rack mode. If it does not make sure that it is running in 32-bit mode and not 64-bit mode. You can tell if it is running in 64 bit via rack mode if there is a little 64 box next to it in the synth section.

Here's a video on how to switch a plugin to and from 64: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHsuTw ... 3mnEocDfgQ

-Nick

I would very much use UVI Workstation if it wasn't for pace and iLock.

There is and has been many nice offers from UVI. However, and again, pace and ilock - both the licenser software and the dongle - are the reason why I don't want to use any UVI product.

Nick,
The UVI library installed in OS 2.01 woks fine in Rack Mode. If it is 64 bit, what would the benefit be in changing it to 32 bit?
Frank

fjs714 wrote:Nick,
The UVI library installed in OS 2.01 woks fine in Rack Mode. If it is 64 bit, what would the benefit be in changing it to 32 bit?
Frank
The only reason is because Mix mode does not support 64-bit plugins. This is why some plugins show up in Mix while others do not.

-Nick

I checked it out in Mixer mode and there was no (64) next to UVI

Since you have "one eye" on the forum---I have to ask:
In Rack Mode I have Kontakt 5 listed three times --8 out
16 out
32out
What Is the a difference?
Thanks Frank

fjs714 wrote:Thanks:
I checked it out in Mixer mode and there was no (64) next to UVI

Since you have "one eye" on the forum---I have to ask:
In Rack Mode I have Kontakt 5 listed three times --8 out
16 out
32out
What Is the a difference?
Thanks Frank
Quick answer is. One kontakt instrument multiple outputs. It's more efficient to use one kontakt over 16 kontakts. These different versions are simply able to route kontakt to however many outputs it says it can.

Forum post asking this question:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5615398

Thanks

AWESOME. Thanks, Nick.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”