Quattro/Trio 1818VSL Combo for Stage

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is anyone using their PreSonus 1818VSL for more than just the Audio-Out of their Muse product?

I'd like to configure my 1818 VSL to also take in another stereo keyboard, as well as an occasional mic, and a monitor feed; where the incoming monitor feed will NOT go through the Main Outs, but I could Mix everything into the Headphone out.

Is anyone maximizing their PreSonus 1818VSL, doing anything like what I've described?
JV

I do have a Trio with 1818VSL and am running my band though it. I've spent all summer trying to set it up and have an OK handle on it now. I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting. Do you have all audio inputs on the 1818 filled? And, what are you wanting to do with the monitor feed? I use mixer mode so that I can have two separate monitor mixes routed through the FX A&B.
Please give more detail on what inputs are already used, UI mode, what you want the monitors to do, and how you wish to implement the 1818 (recording or live).
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I've also now have a handle on it.
The only downside is that when I occasionally have to re-boot/triple-click my Receptor... I loose ALL audio, including the module/keyboard that I'm running through the PreSonus.
A fix for that would be AWESOME!
JV

So, does anyone have a solution regarding how I could maintain Audio coming into & out of my PreSonus, while my Qu4ttro is re-booting?

It's a real shame that I must loose everything going to FOH, in order to deal with a 'glitch' on my Receptor.
JV

JayVee wrote:So, does anyone have a solution regarding how I could maintain Audio coming into & out of my PreSonus, while my Qu4ttro is re-booting?

It's a real shame that I must loose everything going to FOH, in order to deal with a 'glitch' on my Receptor.
Hi Jordan,

This is not possible. The Presonus is an Audio interface and requires a host to run. Be it a computer or a Receptor if the host is shut down the audio streams running through it will be interrupted, there is no way around this.

If the instruments that you need to keep outputting doesn't require the Receptor to play then maybe you should route them through the mixer rather than the Presonus/Receptor.

-Nick

I figured this was the case.
In an effort to minimize my gear, I'm using my PreSonus as my mixer for my In-Ear-Monitor.
Clearly, if I can't eliminate these 'glitches'/freezes/computer-clicks... I'll have to incorporate a small mixer.
JV

Return to “Muse Research and Development”