(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Absolutely; always nice to get a friendly hello!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

woggle wrote:
kylie wrote:
stanlea wrote:just a hello 8)
ah, I was going to do it myself, almost...

I mean, nobody would complain about a 2-month hello frequency, would they? ;)
two months seems fair to me - friendly without being pushy, interested yet not obsessive
tbh - the more I think about it the more I would have wanted to be a tad more pushy...
seems I have to wait another 2 months, then. :lol:

I absolutely plan to bother colin about the product name choice next time. that gives him 2 months to make up his mind (again) and to come up with something totally unexpected. :wink:

and please... don't make me use that hyper smiley. -> :hyper: <-

Hi Colin

Is a Beta release in 2015 now more likely, rather than something appearing this autumn?

I'm aiming hard to still get it to you this year, and I sincerely hope to get it out this year. It's looking likely: the feature set is more or less locked in for version 1, and so a 2014 release is probable.

I've been working on a feature that I originally planned for a future version, but got convinced it was necessary for the initial launch, and that is multiple time signature support on the arranger view. Turned out to be a nightmare from an implementation point of view, but rather handy composition wise. I hope that guy whose favourite riff is three bars of 3/64, folllowed by a 1/2 and then a 19/8 bar is happy!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:I'm aiming hard to still get it to you this year, and I sincerely hope to get it out this year. It's looking likely: the feature set is more or less locked in for version 1, and so a 2014 release is probable.

I've been working on a feature that I originally planned for a future version, but got convinced it was necessary for the initial launch, and that is multiple time signature support on the arranger view. Turned out to be a nightmare from an implementation point of view, but rather handy composition wise. I hope that guy whose favourite riff is three bars of 3/64, folllowed by a 1/2 and then a 19/8 bar is happy!
Thanks for the update, great to know.

colin@loomer wrote:multiple time signature support
Now that's music to my ears :tu:
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

colin@loomer wrote:I'm aiming hard to still get it to you this year, and I sincerely hope to get it out this year. It's looking likely: the feature set is more or less locked in for version 1, and so a 2014 release is probable.

Why does it sound like the feature creep has turned this plugin in to something that is starting to sound like it could replace DAWs in the not too distant future hahaha
Duh

Nooooo! Please don't release this in 2014. I was really hoping for the three year anniversary of when I started this thread on Feb 13 2012. Please don't release it! :D

Nope the plugin is so powerful that it has a reverse time feature and can be released in 2013.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

pinki wrote:Nooooo! Please don't release this in 2014. I was really hoping for the three year anniversary of when I started this thread on Feb 13 2012. Please don't release it! :D
I'm sorry, but with this ever shrinking 'to-do' list, I may have to ruin your anniversary! :P

May be there are new pictures after all this Time Colin
or do you need some more ideas to expand your list again?
Located in the European Outback

Is there somewhere a concise description of what this product is and does? A basic description followed by a bullet list of features?

The elevator pitch would be:

It's a modular sequencing toolkit. You build patches from various high- and low-level modules, which range from the high - analogue-style mono step sequencers, lua scripts, and various modulation sources, to low - logic gates, mathematical operators, and switches. Everything's very interactive and immediate, so you can 'jam' and 'improvise', a la live coders. Maybe think of Reaktor, but geared towards MIDI, and with arranging and sequencing built in. Or perhaps Numerology, but at a much lower level.

You can run it as a plug-in (VST, AU, RTAS, AAX64), or standalone app. And it hosts VST and Audio Unit plug-ins too.

So like the old (defunct) Building Blocks?

http://www.sonicspot.com/buildingblocks ... locks.html

Return to “Loomer”