Latest Builds in August: 2570

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Linux, that is great! :D :clap:

It's a pretty interesting project. For Linux we're using a different graphics backend (Cairo) which we might adopt for OSX and Win as well. Looks very good.

Also, we're switching to VST2 shell plug-ins on Linux. We'll evaluate if this works on Mac/Win as well, and we'll switch to it if it doesn't break compatibility.

There are a few things that need to be ironed out though. It'll take a few days/weeks until we can go public with it.

- Urs

:tu:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Urs wrote:It's a pretty interesting project. For Linux we're using a different graphics backend (Cairo) which we might adopt for OSX and Win as well. Looks very good.
IMHO Cairo's surfaces are a remarkably elegant, truly simplifying abstraction.

It's possible to dream about what's possible with Linux more than other platforms, maybe that's worth something in and of itself? Cool stuff.

:wheee:

Would be amazing to have the whole U-he catalogue on Linux!

Excellent news about the Linux port - I really hope it works out for us plugin-starved penguins!

Todd Rundgren seems to be happy about this too! :)

Just downloaded the latest Bazille build...is there a new registration key for this build? Thanks

Wow, great news about Linux ports coming! I have only ever dabbled in Linux, but it now has such strong vfx/design tools and now with Bitwig/Renoise/U-he it is looking very solid for Music as well. Will certainly be switching at least one of my PC's over fulltime to Linux in the near future :)

This is awesome!!! :party:

Let me know if you need testers! It's so great to see so much love for *nixers! :D
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

Urs wrote:For Linux we're using a different graphics backend (Cairo) which we might adopt for OSX and Win as well
Did you evaluate Skia as well? It seems to be a trend for projects to move from Cairo to Skia, maybe to take advantage of the GPU backend in Skia.

jfostermusicstudio wrote:Just downloaded the latest Bazille build...is there a new registration key for this build? Thanks
We have to build a new one... we couldn't do so yesterday but maybe we can today.

Urs wrote:
jfostermusicstudio wrote:Just downloaded the latest Bazille build...is there a new registration key for this build? Thanks
We have to build a new one... we couldn't do so yesterday but maybe we can today.
Thank you sir. :tu:

Yeah, hmmm... it doesn't look too good though. While it builds on Mac, it doesn't compile on Windows at all. Something in the configuration and setup has gone wrong :-/

metajack wrote:
Urs wrote:For Linux we're using a different graphics backend (Cairo) which we might adopt for OSX and Win as well
Did you evaluate Skia as well? It seems to be a trend for projects to move from Cairo to Skia, maybe to take advantage of the GPU backend in Skia.
Not entirely true. Cairo is still widely used by many projects. Moreover, Cairo has been identified as the leading candidate for the new C standard 2D drawing API, which consolidates the position of the API (even if the implementation may be interchangeable).

Urs - very excited about the possibility of a Linux port of your plugins. Ardour will look forward to hosting them!

Urs wrote:Zeebs fixed here, also Diva uncrashed (Wheels + Arpeggiator On = crash), also everything scaling 10%s

Hope to have new builds soon, and also maybe this:

http://www.u-he.com/img/ace_tease2.png
And just today I was wondering how awesome it would be if this ever happened.
If you need testers, I'm more than happy to clear my schedule.

:party:

Return to “u-he”