Nervous of upgrading V3 to new V5 as tunes lost previously on Macbook

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
My name is Aidan and have installed V2 and V3 immediately a few years ago, after some issues I was happily making tunes and luckily had converted most tunes to MP3s when Traction Ate My Tunes !. Yes they just disappeared from the menu and it has stopped me making more music. Now that its been developed can someone advise me as some of you insist Traction does not work well with Macs. I have a modest PC where I could upload the V3 then upgrade to V5 . Any ideas . I have some great samples from my original pack which I'm reluctant to lose if say starting again with a basic pro tools or similar , Thanks
Aidan
"You’re the instrument You’ve got the music You’ve got the beat. Understand the silence" Prem Rawat

Never heard about any 'eating tunes' bug so I think it must be user error. T5 is working quite well on Mac. And back up your samples.

Thanks I'll give it a go
Aidan
"You’re the instrument You’ve got the music You’ve got the beat. Understand the silence" Prem Rawat

And remember: "If you do what you did you get what you got". So if you've never thoroughly investigated how you lost these files, you could perhaps make the same mistakes. So back up your work.

Just a thought, when you say "Yes they just disappeared from the menu", do you mean the project list on the Projects tab? If so, I doubt the files were deleted, you probably just removed them from the list or removed the settings file that keeps this list somehow.

Try just searching your computer for the files, you can re-import them by just dragging the project file onto Tracktion (the one ending in ".tracktion"). And as Frank says, always back up your projects, who knows when a hard drive failure or similar will strike!

Hope that helps.

Return to “Tracktion”