Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Crap, they didn't set Reflektor free from Guitar Rig, kinda expected them to do that.
I'm intrigued by Kontour and Rounds. Shame they live inside Reaktor. I love Prism and Razor too, but I often forget to reach for them because they're not in my direct view. Maybe I'm shallow.... ;)

The browser thing, I don't know, maybe have to wait and see. But I'm not that interested in having all NI's presets collected under one roof.

I might upgrade from K9 to K10U in their December sale if funds permit, but if I stay with Komplete I'll probably skip this round.
Last edited by BDeep on Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advanced functionality in the following hosts: Ableton Live 9.1.4
Been eyeing the Push for a while, but this might be a better choice? Hmm

neverenoughfunk wrote:i am lost about the new browser... do you need the controller for the new browser or is the browser standard?
It comes with Komplete regular and ultimate software. It can also be controlled from the new keyboard, but it's not essential to have that.

Love that it looks like all those patches in the fantastic Reaktor synths - including the new ones - will now finally be tagged. This is a major, major workflow boost for me.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

neverenoughfunk wrote:i am a little concerned with the new pianos... did they "repackage" the old ones?
No. These ones are from Galaxy Instruments :
http://www.galaxy-instruments.com/defin ... ction.html

Meh.
http://soundcloud.com/daftndaze - Jungle, Drum'n'Bass and House productions - Feedback appreciated!
----
Want to save 10% on Fabfilter Plugins/Bundles?
Then PM me if you don't own any Fabfilter stuff yet!

loungepanda wrote:
Advanced functionality in the following hosts: Ableton Live 9.1.4
Been eyeing the Push for a while, but this might be a better choice? Hmm
For the controllers? Could it be that the keyboard with the fancy lights can be used as a clip launcher?

499$ for a 25-key keyboard, without the Komplete software?

Seriously?

(btw, shouldn't this thread be under "Instruments"?)

No f...s were given today :hihi:

Nah, if the keyboards are good and people are excited, cool. It's not for me. I've got all the con....I mean "kontrollers" I need. There is nothing in the upgrade that I desire. Pocketbook thanks me :)

BDeep wrote:I love Prism and Razor too, but I often forget to reach for them because they're not in my direct view. Maybe I'm shallow.... ;)

The browser thing, I don't know, maybe have to wait and see. But I'm not that interested in having all NI's presets collected under one roof.
the latter answers the former, I find.

Its nice to have the -entire- library of komplete presets categorised by type. Very often i've pulled up a cool preset in maschine to find its made by some obscure reaktor instrument that I didnt even know I had (so i'd never have heard it otherwise!)
:)

Novalis wrote:499$ for a 25-key keyboard, without the Komplete software?

Seriously?

(btw, shouldn't this thread be under "Instruments"?)
€499,00 is even worse...

OK: all the cats seem to be out of the bag except for what is IMO one, glaring omission: Komplete Kontrol is inkomplete without an 88-key keyboard. :shrug:

The million dollar question: how well do 3rd party VST/AU integrate with the browser and Kontrol? I can't find any mention of it anywhere.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

I don't really have any interest in the hardware, but it looks like a better upgrade from 8 standard to 10 standard than the upgrade would have been from 8 to 9 (which I skipped).

The hardware definitely seems overpriced to me.

Keyboard browsing doesn't work without Komplete, so if you have a pair of NI instruments only it wont work with the komplete browser.

Doesn't seem able to browse 3rd party VST's, but it can map them.
dedication to flying

Return to “Instruments”