If Have Presets, Why Not Have Preset Randomizer?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let a cat walk around on the ipad maybe?
ImageImageImageImage

Exactly.
Or just link parameters to key mapping and then hit some random stuff on the keyboard.

Alwaysdlqw worksd239042 forwef23 r23mefr90ru[ 3

Big fat synths that can do claps "might" be an indication that the synth is less limited.

Totally agree that developers should make lots of presets for their own product.

But what's wrong about being greedy when it comes to being exposed to unexpected sounds that a good preset randomizer might provide?

It's like why be satisfied with normal vision when the option to see the entire light spectrum is possible? :)

Doug1978 wrote:Why not just close your eyes and then whizz the mouse around for 15 seconds?
:D I like that idea

It is not easy to make randomization usable. Limiting randomization in order to create something usefull will lead to similar preset/output. I have tried different aproach in our upcoming synth where you can save part of preset and combine it with different parts. So for example if you like filter setting from one preset you can save it and use/load it with another preset. You can watch this feature here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA51jACy_50 and another here - arp module randomization/load/save preset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFvgUlzqdo So instead of endless clicking on randomiaztion button you will create something by combining existing parts.

Check out Tube Ohm's Vintage vsti and its random patch capabilities. He has programmed several templates to see how they work. I use mainly presets for everything but this thing rocks. I made a bank or two of presets using it and really developed some excellent pad combinations and other types. I have a lot of commercial synths but really love the sounds i am getting from this. Better than than lazy buttons on several other synths, which are also very useful.
I agree, i wish more developers would provide this but understand why they would want to sell expansion banks etc.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”