Sturiophonia [Stereo Image plugin, FREEWARE]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MAXSYNTHS STURIOPHONIA

Sturiophonia is a stereo image widener and sound placement tool born from an idea of Turi Curello (see here).

The aim of the plugin is to increase the stereo image of mono tracks and help to place the sound in the right place by the use of dedicated internal filters and pan controls. The idea behind it is very simple yet effective and adds to the sound a pleasent stereo effect.

The best way to use this plugin is with mono tracks, by the way it's possible to switch the main input from mono to stereo (for example if you want to use it on the main mix).

USAGE: It's important to understand that Sturiophonia works by splitting the sound frequencies for the left and right channels using different filter methods, so to achieve the best results it is advisable to experiment with it and use the right frequencies depending on the source material feeded into it.

PLEASE NOTE: the redistribution of this plugin through other sites is forbidden. If you want to share this plugin on another site link to maxsynths.com

INSTALLATION:

Simply copy the plugin to the VST folder of your choice.
Windows 7 and above users: be sure to copy the "Sturiophonia" folder as well.

This plugin has been released as freeware on September, 2 2014. IF YOU LIKE THIS PLUGIN AND USE IT ON A REGULAR BASIS CONSIDER TO DONATE A SMALL AMOUNT OF MONEY TO CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS!

I want to publicly thank Max of MaxSynths for the trust, for their hard work, for his good will, for her patience and understanding, for believing in Me... :tu:
The idea may seem simple, but if known how to use it is very effective...
You can get a MONO Piano plug-in and give it a stereophony nearest to the psychoacoustic perception of the human ear just using the filters in near the octave You want to center and after play with the 2 pans..!
I am very proud and excited for this project (And also to share it with all!) and I hope everyone can enjoy it with satisfaction!
The plugin is charityware so, if you can, not hesitate to make a donation for a good cause...

All the best wishes and good luck to Max! :wink:

:clap:

Thanks people. Looks nice.

Are those low pass filters (LEFT, RIGHT), or some kind of mid/side operations?

Perhaps there's a manual.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanks for the freebie! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

@Aloysius: are a HPF and a LPF so you can splitting an instrument not only with pan but also with filters just creating some kind of crossover in the central freq octave of the instrument or in the freq you like! ;-)
the usage it's so simple that i think don't need a manual... the better way to understand it is to try it!

I will, Turi.

I must look at your other post too.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=417815

Congratulations. :)

@Aloysius: Thanks... The credit is all about Max..!. I hope you enjoy with this, We created searching and thinking how to improve the stereo image... ;-)

Yep, I think the best way to understand Sturiophonia is to experiment with it.
The idea is simple but can give you great results; I've put together some examples patches that should give you an indication of how it works.

The most important thing is to understand that the filters must be set according with the audio material, so for example if you are trying to create a stereo image for a drum loop you probably want to find the right frequency for the hats and place it in the right position using the pan options. In order to set the frequency properly you can also click in the frequency display and edit the numeric value manually.

Another important aspect is the dry/wet control: often just a little bit of wet signal is enough to get great results; but here again it all depends on the effect you are looking for. Well, again: experiment with it and have fun! :tu:

Last but not least: I'm currently using Studio One as my main DAW; if you are using S1 and you are working with a mono track remember to set the track as stereo or S1 will process the audio as mono at the output (which means no stereo effect). I don't know if other DAWs have this kind of way to manage the routing of VST effects or if it's just S1... in any case just take a look at your DAW channel settings.

The filter section sounds (on paper) similar to NuGen Audio Stereoplacer.

Thanks for the tips.

I've downlaoded and will have a play with it later on in the day.

:tu:

@Aloysius: Well, I have Stereoplacer and I can assure You the concept is different, here you can leave the out as dual mono (without using the pan or just panning a bit) and splitting a mono\dual mono sound playing with frequencies filters..! Anyway I'm glad to know some feedback on the subject... :-)

PS: Stereoplacer (If i reminds well) have big latency, Sturiophonia no! :hihi:
Serious: If You (and everyone else) have some doubts please do not hesitate to contact me (or Max) and We'll try to explain better and help (as my poor english allow!)

hey Turi and Max,
this tool looks mmyammi and it seems to be quite useful ... unfortunatelly i'm one of these ... exactly ... :oops: :(
"It dreamed itself along"

These what Mello? :o

Max, our common friend Mellotronaut is a MAC user, We can't do nothing to help him? :-)

Turello wrote:Max, our common friend Mellotronaut is a MAC user, We can't do nothing to help him? :-)
Scary! :o
:hihi:

Well Jeff is working on AU export for SE, sooner or later there will be a load of plugins for Mac previously unavailable...

Oh very nice!

I've just tested it with some electric pianos of the Korg M1 and it's wonderful the sudden impression of very wide space with much depth in stereo image of the sound!

In a pun, i say: GREAT !!

May I make a suggestion for the donations?

At the bottom of the webpage you could show four or five links to NGO's like the Red Cross, MSF, Handicap International...

Or even a simple link to this page at the top (currently the text under the blue arrow at the top of your page isn't yet a link) which would satisfy everybody in the world:
http://www.genevainternational.org/page ... anisations
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Effects”