Doepfer MS-404 now available as plugin!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vier

"VIER emulates four units of the Doepfer MS-404, a famous German monophonic analogue synthesizer from the nineties."

"A limited introductory offer is available for 69€ / $69 all September long."

http://eisenberg-audio.de/vier

I just bought it and even though I have only played with it
for an hour or so it seems like it's gonna be one of my
favourite synths.
The macros and the way the different parameters
can be linked is awesome.

I also like the different play modes.

I made a drum patch and put it on random. Really cool
that it changes between the four units.

Cheers :party:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

And demo limitation are almost as nice as NI's :tu:

Gonna be checking this out for sure

lol monophonic. good luck with that in a kvr world surrounded by free and commercial polyphonic synths. this company seriously lacks musical direction/creativity. d16 would of took this and ran with making it polyphonic among other things. like others have already said, im not impressed with this company or its products.

:edit: oh i see it is polyphonic. well then maybe it will actually be a good synth who knows.
Last edited by AstralExistence on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstralExistence wrote:lol monophonic. good luck with that in a kvr world surrounded by free and commercial polyphonic synths. this company seriously lacks musical direction/creativity. d16 would of took this and ran with making it polyphonic among other things. like others have already said, im not impressed with this company or its products.
Come on, try it out at least before you pass judgement :pray:

What's wrong with monophonic, it's good for leads, didn't AudioDamage just release a mono synth too?

AstralExistence wrote:lol monophonic. good luck with that in a kvr world surrounded by free and commercial polyphonic synths. this company seriously lacks musical direction/creativity. d16 would of took this and ran with making it polyphonic among other things. like others have already said, im not impressed with this company or its products.

:edit: oh i see it is polyphonic. well then maybe it will actually be a good synth who knows.
You can create a lot with limitations, just takes a creative mind and imagination :idea:.

chilledpanda wrote:

You can create a lot with limitations, just takes a creative mind and imagination :idea:.
i understand this. i hate to be debby downer, i really do but as a realist, this synth really lacks innovation and there are many free and pay options already available that are the better solution. if your going to expect to sell plugins you also need to sell innovation or in the developer tals defense with basic synths, dsp accuracy.

so that's the question i have for others, how accurate is this synth to the real hardware. believe me, if its accurate, gearslutz will praise it as those guys live, sleep, and breath hardware. i always loved the doepfer emulation in studio one. i hope it is accurate but time will tell.

Just browsing through the preset, I am rather disappointed, for this kind of synth (303 like) I expect fat sounds, this sounds thin and weak.

Kind of weird that they would release something with so lackluster factory presets :?

There is a revolver mode, and a unison mode. But I still get revolving when in unison mode, dunno if this is a demo limitation or a bug?

Numanoid wrote:Just browsing through the preset, I am rather disappointed, for this kind of synth (303 like) I expect fat sounds, this sounds thin and weak.

Kind of weird that they would release something with so lackluster factory presets :?

There is a revolver mode, and a unison mode. But I still get revolving when in unison mode, dunno if this is a demo limitation or a bug?

yeah, that's what i expected. cancelled download.

I just lost the will to live looking at that GUI....

the sound is like nokia mobile phone from 2000. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

AstralExistence wrote:i understand this. i hate to be debby downer, i really do but as a realist, this synth really lacks innovation and there are many free and pay options already available that are the better solution.
How do you know, if you didn't try it?
AstralExistence wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Just browsing through the preset, I am rather disappointed, for this kind of synth (303 like) I expect fat sounds, this sounds thin and weak.

yeah, that's what i expected. cancelled download.
Because of uninspiring presets? You don't want to try making sounds yourself? It seems to be easy to use and cross-modulation feature should allow for a lot of sound-design potential.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

AstralExistence wrote:i hate to be debby downer
it certainly seems more like you revel in it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

audio demos = 0 ??
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

won't let me install 32 bit on 64bit os? I run 32 bit daw, first time seeing a message like this..won't install..
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”