ext1.4 master sync

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when i press 'play' on the 'master' sync it starts my step sequencer perfectly in time.
i'm trying to make the master sync start my midi parts too,but can't.
anyone know if it's possible?

spacedad wrote:when i press 'play' on the 'master' sync it starts my step sequencer perfectly in time.
i'm trying to make the master sync start my midi parts too,but can't.
anyone know if it's possible?

I remember this problem. But I can't remember if I solved it. It was a bugger though. I might have spent a few good hours or days and cracked it. Or I might have spent a good few hours and days and found it was just not possible.

Sorry, don't help you much.

IIRC, there is a way, but it is a bit convoluted/esoteric. But I don't want to get your hopes up, I might be wrong.

I really would love to be able to do this though.

I think you might have had to insert a seq into the modular bit and then reload.

Maybe you could be a bit more descriptive and give some examples. I just read your question again and realised maybe I didn't understand it at all.

well the master sync start/stop buttons on the left,do start and stop mystepsequencer perfectly,so i was wondering what signal is being sent out? as it doesn't start/stop the midi comps.
i put on a midi moniter vst but it shows no midi signal activity.
tried soma's transport plugin and it takes the sync signal(and turns it into a midi cc,22/24,i think)which then can trigger my midi comp.
but alas, it has quite a big delay,so isn't useful.
does anyone know what kind of signal eXT1.4 gives out as master sync?

could something me made in synthedit to capture the sync/transport start/stop?

oh,i add piz's miditriggerlist after soma's transport too.
which works but a delay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

it's been a whiiile since i've used 1, forgive if i'm not sharp. only used the midi sequencer of the native midi and it always kept time with SE sequencers.. maybe import the midi to a sequencer object instead?

and of course i cannot tell if i am remembering well enough to assure you are correctly using an instance of 1.4 inside 1.4sa from the image, but i can't see how you could forget to.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

thanks ru,but using the sequencer comp yeilds much the same results.
the master sync seems only to converse with mystepsequencer.
i've asked niall moody to drop in,so maybe he can tell us exactly what ext1.4 sync is giving out.

ok if anyone is interested,i got it working.phew!
i made a midinotetrigger in synthedit (setting it to C1 note to trigger the midi part) then used my (s.i.c.k.) grey_clock to connect the transport out to it.
as it seems it is the enigmatic 'transport start/stop' is how the 'master sync on/off is triggering the mystepsequencer!
edit:
also you must change the midi part's 'sync' setting set to 'off' not 'on'. :)

i could make a all-in-one plugin with built in clock if anyone is interested.

trying to get my first step sequencer working in xt2 now,but no luck yet.
xt2 doesn't seem to send transport info to the plugin.
anyone know?

Return to “energyXT”