Progressive Trance curious for feedbacks

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made this tune few months ago and I realized that from some reason this version sounds better than the one with vocals (I still can't manage vocals so well in trance yet). I will be so much grateful for feedbacks

https://soundcloud.com/brain-claim/spri ... -no-vocals

Don't really know much about progressive trance, but, as a listener/producer, here's my feedback.

First off, really like the throbbing bass that comes in at 0:30 and the rising pad that appears at 0:45. Would have liked for the bass to have more presence, but, that just might be my EDM tainted ears speaking.

The drop at 1:45 with the piano is cool, but, once again, my EDM tainted ears wanted some kind of riser or something to go along with it. Also, when you cut out the main melody for that part, you should have had some kind of delay on it so that, rather than the ending being so abrupt, the previous melody kind of trailed off.

Also, the high pitched electric piano sound that comes in at 2:44 is kind of abrasive and really wasn't necessary, in my humble opinion.

Lastly, I don't really care for the clap sound, but that can probably be addressed by doubling it up so it doesn't sound so thin. Also, it looks like you sidechain it at a point, making it sound like the reverb is being sucked into a vacuum (for lack of a better description). Wasn't too much a fan of that.

Other than those pretty minor things, I think it's a pretty good track.

Thanks so much for listening and such long feedback! I really appreciate the effort you made while making this feedback. Yes, I could have kept the bass stronger, but I made a mistake and minimalized filter. You were completely right about that. Risers were made in the version with vocals, this one lacks risers. Yes, the electric piano sounds like that because it doesn't go with the melody and it is my mistake :D
Your feedback really helped me! Thanks again! :)

ahh....im starting off on the wrong foot. when i read "progressive" trance i was expecting something like atmos or son kite, my bad.

anyway...you got some good feedback from remedial, so i wont repeat all that. i would add though that maybe it needs an entirely different melody, this one isnt very catchy (to me). without a catchy melody there isnt much to listen to (no offense meant...thats just inherent to the style).
ImageImageImage

Nice tune!

I'm not a pro, but I think the kick is a little overpowered, and fighting with the bass. Too much low end I think.

When the piano goes solo, maybe a little more reverb and delay, I think.

Composition and instrumentation is great, nice choices.

Really good tune, just a little overpowered on the low end, I think.

Keep coming!

Sorry for my bad english

I came to a conclusion that the melody should be different but I am gonna change that in the future while making remake of this :)

Thanks again for your feedbacks, guys! You are helping me so much to improve :)

Return to “Music Cafe”