New synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,
I make a lot of genres from rave to electro house to trap and what the prodigy made on experience (if anyone knows the name pls say) I already have a Novation K station but I want another synth for the same price which should I get out of these??:
Novation Bass station,
Roland Alpha Juno 1,
Roland alpha juno 2
Cheers
Harry

Listen to demos on youtube first, then play with them if at all possible.

I've got a BS2, and I'm assuming you're talking about it, not the original Bass Station. The BS2 is hella fun and super easy to program IMO. The arpeggiator makes it absolutely different with the different arps and tempo variations, and I love the multiple filter capabilities. Very versatile synth as well - not just for basses.

Can't talk to the others, but lots of love for the Junos out there.

I'm actually talking about the original one :0

Bass Station. I love the Alphas, but it looks like you could use a bass synth over another poly unless you really just have to have a simple architecture analog 6 voice.
Meh.

you'll find the k-station covering lots of ground done by the alpha.
go dirtier-real-analogue.

M Audio Venom

mztk wrote:you'll find the k-station covering lots of ground done by the alpha.
Note that K-Station is not analog, and it sounds much worse than than Bass Station as well as Alpha Juno.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Shy wrote:
mztk wrote:you'll find the k-station covering lots of ground done by the alpha.
Note that K-Station is not analog, and it sounds much worse than than Bass Station as well as Alpha Juno.
Its loads better than the original BS. That is one poor synth.

It's definitely much better than Bass Station feature-wise, but the original Bass Station can sound very nice, despite being very limited, and K-Station sounds terrible in comparison, with similar settings.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

The Prodigy used nothing but a W-30 back then. I seem to remember them using a lot of SH-101, Alpha Juno, and Nord Lead 1 soon after. When I saw them play live, Liam was surrounded by keyboards but only played the Nord through the whole show. He was probably just triggering samples, anyway (if he was even playing at all).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”