Komplete Product Comparison (From K2 through K10U) UPDATED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Holy neckro batman!

Here is the more recent thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=412410

Not sure if that covers the question, but at least you'll be up to date on which thread we are using for k10 :D

Thank you!

One little question: Why grey? Why not the same blue that is in the product column for the current products?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

(marty fieldman eyes)

Hun?

bosone wrote:What are kontour the gentleman and the other unknown stuff?!? :-)

valerian_777 wrote:One little question: Why grey? Why not the same blue that is in the product column for the current products?

Really though, it's because a current product's cell might be green for first-time-in-komplete versus grey for-previously-appeared-in-komplete. So I felt I should divorce the "Product" column from that color scheme.

An astute observation, though.

EDIT: Also, I wasn't counting on people finding this before the official announcement. I will flesh it out to my best guess for now, and will double-check the list once NI goes public with the product list before I say any more about it.

What a great spreadsheet - thank you, it's very useful. :-)

I noticed a couple of minor corrections - Abbey Road 50s Drummer isn't on the list yet - I'm guessing its likely to make a first appearance in K10U. Also, on the spreadsheet it appears that Abbey Road 60s Drums continues to be sold as part of the standard Komplete, while Abbey Road 60s Drummer is the Komplete Ultimate version. I believe that when the Drummer libraries were released, they were a free upgrade for all Abbey Road Drums owners (eg if you had Abbey Road 60s Drums, you got a free upgrade to Abbey Road 60s Drummer, and Abbey Road 60s Drums was discontinued).

Lode_Runner wrote:I noticed a couple of minor corrections - Abbey Road 50s Drummer isn't on the list yet - I'm guessing its likely to make a first appearance in K10U. Also, on the spreadsheet it appears that Abbey Road 60s Drums continues to be sold as part of the standard Komplete, while Abbey Road 60s Drummer is the Komplete Ultimate version. I believe that when the Drummer libraries were released, they were a free upgrade for all Abbey Road Drums owners (eg if you had Abbey Road 60s Drums, you got a free upgrade to Abbey Road 60s Drummer, and Abbey Road 60s Drums was discontinued).
Hmm I did overlook 50s Drummer.

I had trouble figuring out how to represent the Drums->Drummer upgrade on the sheet and I did for some reason think it was an Ultimate-only change. I will try to confirm that somehow and clean that up if necessary. Thanks.

No problem, thanks again for the spreadsheet :-)

Great spreadsheet! Thanks for the effort.

I do hope your predictions on the four below are right because I would think that ANY new Rompler is going to be Ultimate only.
Drumlab
Gentleman
Grandeur
Maverick
...along with the other ones you already predicted will be K10U only (Kinetic metal, Action Strikes, etc.)

But, like I said, hope you are right.

All right, the Komplete Version Comparison worksheet is now up-to-date with Native Instruments' announcement, including the Release Details tab with product counts and price-per-product metrics. (Komplete 10 Ultimate brings it down to $13 USD per included product at its full MSRP.)

I also put together The Complete History of Komplete, a post full of Komplete trivia like all the discontinued products and what happened to all the Kore Soundpacks after Native Instruments dropped Kore.

Enjoy!

UltimateOutsider wrote:I also put together The Complete History of Komplete, a post full of Komplete trivia like all the discontinued products and what happened to all the Kore Soundpacks after Native Instruments dropped Kore.
<Roy Castle>Now that's dedication</Roy Castle>

Wow. Awesome piece of history and a fun read!

Jon

Good chart. I think it would be interesting if you could sort it by product, with all the KI separate from the RI and so on.

Interesting how the update from K9U to K10U would take several pianos from me, and instead give me Action Strikes. Swap Session Horns for Session Horns Pro, and that's just about all the (to me) interesting changes.

Thinking about it, Gentleman, Grandeur and Maverick could easily be the NY Grand, Vienna Grand and Upright pianos with new names.

400€ for orchestral drums, some more Horns and renamed pianos.
Really doesn't sound like a very good deal to me.

All the 49€ throw-ins, like Reaktor Instruments and those Supercharger free-for-XMas thingies, don't really change that. I think I'll pass this round, cheaper to get Action Strikes on its own in 3-4 months, anyway.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

SODDI wrote:Good chart. I think it would be interesting if you could sort it by product, with all the KI separate from the RI and so on.
Yeah, I'll look into it and see if there's anything that can be done there. I can obviously sort it, but I think Google Sheets considers that a permanent operation, so visitors aren't able to sort their views. Will see if there's anything I can activate to allow read-only sorting.

Return to “Instruments”