SoundToys Native Effects 4.4.1 VST 64-bit plugins don't show up

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hope it gets sorted out in the next update, in the mean time I say make a use of the macros, you can map various parameters on there, with a description it'll be visible in the Automation Editor.

Ogopogo wrote:I know of a few issues that I know the devs know of that have persisted through a few new versions. I guess there's just too many bugs to tackle all at once right now. It's a good bet they'll get around to it when they can, if it's something they can reproduce.
I would hope that have had enough sales to hire more developers.

I filed bug reports for the issues with SoundToys v4.4.2 and UAD v7.8.1 plugins.

Bug: When instantiated none of the SoundToys plugin parameters are named. Mapping common controls just gives blank names for the parameters, as do automation lanes.
Steps to reproduce: instantiate a SoundToys plugin, observe plugin name and lack of parameters available via Bitwig
Error message(s): n/a
Hardware: iMac 27-inch, 3.4 GHz i7, 24 GB RAM, UAD Apollo Quad
Bitwig version: 1.0.11 RC1
Plugin version: SoundToys Native Effects 4.4.2

Bug: When instantiated the UAD plugins show up as "UAD Powered Plug-Ins" with no parameter names.
Steps to reproduce: instantiate a UAD plugin, observe plugin name and lack of parameters available via Bitwig
Bitwig version: 1.0.11 RC1
Plugin version: UAD v7.81
Bitwig Certified Trainer

received a nice reply from Bitwig ...
thanks for both hints, we've added them to our "Todo list" to check them, as soon as we get our hands on them.
Best regards,
Heiko
I know they are working very very hard, but it's cool Bitwig takes the time to reply to bug reports :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

This issue still persists in Bitwig with the new SoundToys 4.4.3 update

Bug: When instantiated none of the SoundToys plugin parameters are named. Mapping common controls just gives blank names for the parameters, as do automation lanes.
Steps to reproduce: instantiate a SoundToys plugin, observe plugin name and lack of parameters available via Bitwig
Bitwig version: 1.0.13
Plugin version: SoundToys Native Effects 4.4.3
Last edited by billcarroll on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

We're in contact with them and it's on the list - VST compatibility will be a major focus over the coming weeks and months.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Bitwig”