VST like in Alphaville's Forever Young

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote: What did you have to do with Alphaville? You keep writing We...

I don't think you come across as arrogant, if you were involved with Alphaville, why would you not like what you did?! Unless you are like Lemmy who recently said he doesn't like the music he makes :D
Mr. Lloyd has just been arrested again by the Deutsch Polizei.

He'z keepen zee gettingz avay, jah, but he ist justen too clever.

An English spokesman butted in: I think what my German colleague here is trying to say, is that this perpetrator was a right pain int ze arschlocken!

He turned up at every buffet that Alphaville did. He even rented a high end tuxedo and expensive prostitute to put on his arm.

'It was hard to pin him down in the end' said oberfuhrer arschloch. He changed his appearance for every different event. Once he even came as boy George - but we got him for that, but the time he came as Claudi Brucken was bit more difficult.

In the end we narrowed it down to the fact that he would always go for ze Zalmon Zandwhiches. I'm sorry, I've been in the Mother land too long.

I saw him being carried away said a fan. He was a shell of his once German self, said another.

Look. fluffy_little_something. This guy has been know for some time to the authorities. He goes around giving it the big I am in Japan, but the sad fact of the matter is, he's been arrested more times than you have had hot dinners.

Next month, he'll probably believe he's David Bowie.

Ohwawhh Fluffy little something ahh..

He'll be arrested again and returned to his cell.

The great wonder is, how the f**k he ever gets out. He's the Harry Houdino of his age.

But on the whole, I think you were right to question his credentials. He just looks funny.

I'm just glad we can stop him now before he causes some real damage. Nip him in the bud. A menace to society.

He's pretty convincing though, eh?

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:FGTH were going to sound tighter IMO - A lot more money was on tap to hire the best people, Steve Howe at the time was in Yes.

Alphaville at the begining was Myself, Frank Mertens (later replaced by Rick Echolette) and Marian Gold. "We" all composed the music together. Sometimes we also worked with a lyricists called Janey Diamond, but mostly we as a group crafted the songs. I left the group in 2003 although I stopped being involved after the release of the Dreamscapes boxset in 1999.
OK, so you are BL, thanks Wiki :hihi: Are you also German? Your name doesn't sound German 8)
Ah, you have discovered another flaw in his argument.

Lloyd as you probably know is a Welsh name. Bertrand's (that is his real name - don't laugh) mother was from Penclawdd. Born in Port Talbot. Not ashamed of it. but don't forget, we are dealing with an imposter here.

In fact, Bertrand's real name is Brin: http://www.behindthename.com/name/brin

Brin Jones!

His family are very impressed. Well, a bit ashamed too, but you know...

Said sister Gwyneth: Ooh, I don't know, I think i's quite clever reely. Tu fool all those dull English people, that he might be what was it? German? Vell, thas clever innit? Our Brin looks nothing like a German.....

A Welsh German was taken to the dock. No one knew his name. Sometimes he would cock his ear when some one shouted out 'Brin', 'Brin', 'Brin', a la Alan Partridge.

His last words were: Cymry am Ze Bythen.

He was said to be so confused that there was no consoling him.

Still. fluffy_little_something stood at the gate chucking rotten tomatoes at him. Shouting 'heretic - burn him - he is an imposter - '.

fluffy little something also had to be led away, and ironically enough, inhabited a cell not too far away from Brin(Bertrand) LLoyd.

But that is another whole other story pop pickers.

Tune in next time. For the strange adventures of Alphaville. The stories of a pop Ghost. Or, how I learned to love my haters and get my life back, by Brin Lloyd - Welsh German imposter.

layzer wrote: every song on the album "forever young" was on was great.
Agreed. "Forever Young" is one of the most solid synthpop albums.

codec_spurt wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:FGTH were going to sound tighter IMO - A lot more money was on tap to hire the best people, Steve Howe at the time was in Yes.

Alphaville at the begining was Myself, Frank Mertens (later replaced by Rick Echolette) and Marian Gold. "We" all composed the music together. Sometimes we also worked with a lyricists called Janey Diamond, but mostly we as a group crafted the songs. I left the group in 2003 although I stopped being involved after the release of the Dreamscapes boxset in 1999.
OK, so you are BL, thanks Wiki :hihi: Are you also German? Your name doesn't sound German 8)

Lloyd as you probably know is a Welsh name. Bertrand's (that is his real name - don't laugh) mother was from Penclawdd. Born in Port Talbot. Not ashamed of it. but don't forget, we are dealing with an imposter here.

Brin Jones!

Said sister Gwyneth: Ooh, I don't know, I think i's quite clever reely. Tu fool all those dull English people, that he might be what was it? German? Vell, thas clever innit? Our Brin looks nothing like a German.....

A Welsh German was taken to the dock. No one knew his name. Sometimes he would cock his ear when some one shouted out 'Brin', 'Brin', 'Brin', a la Alan Partridge.

Still. fluffy_little_something stood at the gate chucking rotten tomatoes at him. Shouting 'heretic - burn him - he is an imposter - '.

fluffy little something also had to be led away, and ironically enough, inhabited a cell not too far away from Brin(Bertrand) LLoyd.

Tune in next time. For the strange adventures of Alphaville. The stories of a pop Ghost. Or, how I learned to love my haters and get my life back, by Brin Lloyd - Welsh German imposter.
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when one has an internet connection and way too much time on his hands.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:

Brin Jones!

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when one has an internet connection and way too much time on his hands.

Bailee my young boy. Forgive me while I get up those old Rising Damp vids.

You never really add anything to the argument do you? You never leave yourself vulnerable. You got a good line in stick, but, come on...

What you got? Did someone piss in your toy box. Some of us been trying to defend your corner for a while now, but you just been oxnobxius ;-)

You can hit deeper than that if yo want. The ammo is out there. Go on. Go for it. Be a warrior.

Hey, wow, look! This topic actually started with a question!

In light of the information revealed by Mr. Maomoondog, I think I would first attempt to recreate that trumpet patch by layering Diva with some brass from the Kontakt factory library. Any other thoughts?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

You could try Arturia's Jupiter emulation. :wink:
Last edited by Chris-S on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote:
Maomoondog wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:The Synclavier for that kind of music, sounds like total overkill to me 8)
What do you mean "that kind of music" ?

The same could also be said about using expensive fairlight's to create Welcome to the pleasuredome.
Or some of Kate Bush's albums. They don't all sound like the hounds of love cliched Fairlight. Then again. That was probably her best track...

Fairlight was just a sampler, and as poor as it was, it wasn't always possible to recognize it. Well, some of Kate Bush's stuff surprised me anyway. Maybe I got cloth ears.

And Zappa!

Is it overkill that I use 24 bit sampling as opposed to 16 bit sampling? I also don't know what you mean by this.

The Synclavier is a joke comared to the iPad you wrote that post on. What are you saying, that we shouldn't use the best computers of the day?
Well, but back then it was considered innovative. Of course I have never played or even seen it, but I know from many album covers that it was used a lot. Like on Hall and Oates' Big Bam Boom, on Anita Baker albums, etc. So I thought that solid sound was typical of the Synclavier. And in my view Alphaville sounded very different from those American artists back then. Maybe it was a different production approach altogether.

As to your other posts, I have seen that avatar and the odd ID before on KVR, but I don't remember any Alphaville context. Nor would the name have meant anything to me, anyway.

codec_spurt wrote:

Brin Jones!

Hello.

I do have to say what a very interesting thread concerning forever young has turned out to be. I turn up to find posts from someone who classifies himself as a friend and find nothing but childish, crap, nonsense written about me, it is a very sad and pathetic world when a former member of a pop group is made a target of.

Some people may find this kind of humour to be funny and no doubt you have given the KVR community something to have a laugh about at the expense of someone else. If only I could imagine what it would be like if YOU were singled out.

I can imagine how many "Likes" you would get off your so called "Friends" on facebook for posting that kind of thing. I do not know how old you are (I do not care really) but what I do suggest is you get your birth certificate out, work out your age and act it!

Sorry to anyone on here who had genuine questions, but thanks to codec_spurt I am not prepared to be part of a community that has members like him around.

Thank you to all genuine people on here for your words.

If you need anything answering I am sure fluffy_little_something or even codec_spurt can help you out, they have suddenly become self appointed authors of all things related to me.

Bernhard.

Maomoondog wrote:Sorry to anyone on here who had genuine questions, but thanks to codec_spurt I am not prepared to be part of a community that has members like him around.
Don't let them get the best of you.

You have a lot of knowledge about electronic music production which users on this forum would benefit taking advice from, it would be sad to see you go because of this.

I'd prefer if you stick around.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Gee, how did you survive in the entertainment industry when you got such thin skin?! 8) This is an online forum, and as usual there is not just harmony and praise. Just ignore what and whom you don't like...

I don't know anything about you or Alphaville, nor am I interested beyond mere sound design or synth stuff...

It's obvious that it is beneficial that users here can learn about songwriting and music production from the pros

I mean there are almost 3 million views for "A victory of love" on Youtube :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpb4I6sSj80

Close to 8 mill for Dance with me :hyper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfoIF8zpVCw
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bailees7irish wrote: And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when one has an internet connection and way too much time on his hands.
and not enough psychotic meds! wtf? :nutter:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Not that many times in a lifetime you get to say a word to those who have inspired. Alphaville has been a major influence in my works always and I still listen to and admire the recordings. The sounds, the melodies, everything. Big thanks from me.

Return to “Instruments”