Komplete 10 :D

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else completely stoked for Komplete 10?:D thisll be my first time buying Komplete because I was waiting for the next version and I thought I was gonna have to wait until next year but Im so glad its coming next month :) I already have plans to pre order it and I'm totally excited for the new instruments they're shipping with it
The only thing I'm bummed out about is Rise and Hit isn't a part of the regular Komplete :/ but its all good i guess lol

Btw is anyone else kinda disappointed with the hardware they're putting out? :? I mean I guess its cool if you dont have midi keys but theres nothing really HUGE about it you know
idk maybe Im just upset because I got the Nektar Impact like last month :hihi:
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

I already bought Komplete 9 about 1-2 months ago?

Yeah, seems like a good upgrade, but I guess I'll wait for the next one since I don't really NEED the extra new stuff (except the Session Horns, probably will buy that separately :D )

Very disappointing to see their pricing on the new Kontrol-S keyboards... I honestly can't imagine why they put such a HIGH price on them, maybe it's because they want in the new type of "expensive'n'trendy" gadgets backed by marketing category :P

btw, how's the Nektar Impact feel?

Hey, do you think, that it's possible to do a script for bws that has access to the knob displays? This could be an awesome combination!
Also the color coding for the keys - combined with bitwigs clip colours... or as a track selection via the track colors... there would be plenty of opportunities

When ever huge companies offer summer sales on a product, reduce the price, you know you are getting an old product.

By the time you pay the upgrade price from Komplete 9 to 10, you will have saved no money. I am afraid to even calculate, probably works out with the deal sales they get even more of your money. :)

I have a Maschine Studio that does more than that key board and, is completely integrated into Komplete and has more LEDs to stare at. ;-) I have another nice keyboard to play with the Maschine so it seems....

I like the Push's scales and chord stuff (Bitwig integration) better, but that is me.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

u-u-u wrote:Hey, do you think, that it's possible to do a script for bws that has access to the knob displays? This could be an awesome combination!
Also the color coding for the keys - combined with bitwigs clip colours...
That would really be great but I doubt that NI opens up these possibilities. In all their previous products it was just mapping of CC and notes. No access to displays :(
I also doubt that you can control their new browser plugin from other gear than their own.

But whatever, I still hate this company since the KORE debacle and their focus on DJing and beat production. If these keyboards would have been appeared 3 years ago as KORE 3 I would have been all over it...

moss wrote:
u-u-u wrote:Hey, do you think, that it's possible to do a script for bws that has access to the knob displays? This could be an awesome combination!
Also the color coding for the keys - combined with bitwigs clip colours...
That would really be great but I doubt that NI opens up these possibilities. In all their previous products it was just mapping of CC and notes. No access to displays :(
I also doubt that you can control their new browser plugin from other gear than their own.

But whatever, I still hate this company since the KORE debacle and their focus on DJing and beat production. If these keyboards would have been appeared 3 years ago as KORE 3 I would have been all over it...
Yeah, NI displays SUCK! Not having the ability to change the Knob display text really is ridiculous but, they know exactly what to hold back so you use Maschine instead.

Doing the Maschine script right now hurts really bad after working on the Push's display. :)

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

I personally am a bit wary of all those "closed" controllers coming up. While I can totally see how they are intriguing for the hardware manufacturers or a company like NI, for the user it's a mixed blessing. While it may work great with the NI stuff (if you follow their idea of how to use things), it will have to be seen how versatile it is for other uses - I personally wouldn't want one controller or keyboard per software suite/plugin.
It will be interesting to see if it's really locked down to their own software or if for instance a deep Bitwig script can be created with the same functionality as the factory stuff.

As for Komplete 10: I have Reaktor, Kontakt and some of the smaller plugins, but always refrained from going Komplete. Somehow it feels like "too much stuff" to me, most of which I'd never use...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

The impact keyboard is great! For the price of $100 at Sam Ash you can't really beat it
Definatly the best hardware peices I've bought besides my interface
And Tom, I know exactly what you mean but I'd rather have the tools and figure out exactly what they all do and the right times to use them and eventually if I need them I can use them. I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them you know what I mean
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them you know what I mean
Grasshopper has many things yet to learn. ;-)
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

TeotiGraphix wrote:Grasshopper has many things yet to learn. ;-)
:tu:

Some people find after some time of testing a new plugin every day that the last time they actually made music was a long time ago when they didn't have all that stuff. ;-)
The human brain is getting creative from restrictions, not from "having".

But everybody has to go through it in his own speed ;-)

Now I feel like gramps again... :oops: :party:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

They already failed with Kore as a closed controller. I like the lights on the new controllers etc, but if they are not open for all other plugins its out of interest for me.

Komplete 10 seems like a topic for the Instruments forum, not the Bitwig forum...

That said, I have no interest whatsoever in Komplete 10. I purchased Komplete 9 cause NI offered an absurdly cheap price since I had an old version of Kontakt. I never even installed most of Komplete 9. I mostly wanted to try Monark and a couple of Reaktor ensembles.

pdxindy wrote:Komplete 10 seems like a topic for the Instruments forum, not the Bitwig forum...

That said, I have no interest whatsoever in Komplete 10. I purchased Komplete 9 cause NI offered an absurdly cheap price since I had an old version of Kontakt. I never even installed most of Komplete 9. I mostly wanted to try Monark and a couple of Reaktor ensembles.
Well in all fairness more than half this conversation was about the Keyboard Controller which has to do with Bitwig and people that would write a script for it.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Somehow it feels like "too much stuff" to me, most of which I'd never use...
Totally agree. I bought Komplete 8 and after a while realised I was not using the majority of it. So when I got my new ssd drive I only installed the bits I used... Pretty much Battery, reaktor & massive!

Since installing bitwig I've gone very minimum and that has been a very good thing for the music making. Strangely having less to choose from has a fantastic effect on creativity.

I have no desire for Komplete 10 at all :-)

As time passes, it feel like this community just want their own forum so bitwig users can talk about whatever topic. Gotta wait, no problem!

A want to say that, those new keyabord are not highpriced... I mean... definitly they are a high end product from one of the most well established and high end software/hardware company around, NI, so.. if you buy one, bassically you are getting the "best of the best", price have to reflect that, thats my theory. But yea, we know is just a midi keyboard with a bunch of "maybe" cool features. Gotta say, I am not even interested in getting them...buying them wont make me a better composer yet, neither buying komplete... I am too newbie! Bunch of free stuff I have to burn before making that huge investment, or maybe just getting a garritan orchestra software. But that my case... Still looking for a Impact 61, maybe by holydays or next year. :ud:

Return to “Bitwig”