Kontakt 4/5 + ProTools 11 + PatchWork

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Blue Cat's Team,
I recently purchased Blue Cat's PatchWork and I'm using it on ProTools 11. I'm using Kontakt as a VST through the PatchWork, and I'm trying to configure the multiple output future of Kontakt. Since multiple output busses are not yet supported, is it likely that you add this feature in future updates? Is there another way of get it working now?
Thank you very much.
Last edited by PTU8914 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just a thought; is it actually necessary for you to be using Kontakt inside Patchwork? K5 comes as a 64-bit AAX and works fine directly inside PT11.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yes, you are right about that, but I'm using Kontakt 4 for certain libraries and that's why I'm using the PatchWork

sorry about mistake in the title, but anyway, the question is the same one for K5 or K4 :)

Multi output is indeed not supported yet. The feature is in the todo list, but the way it should be implemented is still being debated.

In the meantime, it is still possible to use multiple outputs when the PatchWork plug-in is instantiated on a surround track, but that's a bit of routing, so it is not very convenient.

Patchwork 1.6 and Kontakt 5 crashes Protools 11.2.2
It is possible to load the kontakt VST in patchwork without a crash' however when I go to open the saved project which contains kontakt loaded in patchwork it keeps crashing Protools everytime

@Dubhead: thanks for the feedback. Are you using a Mac or Windows-PC? Does the crash happen with sessions just created with PatchWork 1.6 or older versions of the plug-in?

Could you maybe send us your Pro Tools crash logs by email so that we can have a look?

Hi...thanks for ur super swift response. I'm on a Windows computer... I don't know if a version before 1.6 had the issue or not, I've only just tried to use it in this configuration...
I'm happy to send the crash logs, I'm just not sure where they are for ProTools...

When you get a crash, you can simply save the file and send it to us by email instead of clicking on the "Send to AVID" button. I don't think it is stored on your disk otherwise.

when it crashes it is within the windows environment, so there is no avid file or crash reporter, the sign that appears is a Windows one "Protools Application has stopped working"

It's strage that Pro Tools does not catch the error before... Maybe the error reporter needs to ba activated. Will double check.

whyterabbyt wrote:Just a thought; is it actually necessary for you to be using Kontakt inside Patchwork? K5 comes as a 64-bit AAX and works fine directly inside PT11.
One real-world example;
In some cases I use Plug'n Script inside Patchwork to process midi routed into Kontakt.
Would be great with multiple outputs!
:tu:

If you are a registered customer, you may want to check the latest preview and send us feedback about it... ;-)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”